• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inuyasha: The Final Act (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's been confirmed. If you watch a few episodes of the series you can see that's what they're aiming for....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
So I watched ep 8 this morning.

I'm so sick of this song and dance. spoiler[Let's hope the creepy dead wench stays dead this time and doesn't get revived again.]

Also - (this spoiler also has a little manga spoiler as well)spoiler[So we get a Kikyou/InuYasha kiss, but no hopes of a Kagome/InuYasha kiss if it follows the manga exactly. Lame.]

Anyone else feel a dragging sensation?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
One of the few who are still watching [this bologus], reporting.
I have yet to watch episode 8, but I'll be watching it Wednesday morning, most likely. At least up to episode 7, there was nothing you could've missed by not watching this.

Bento-Box wrote:

Inuyasha is a complete drag, with plot or not. Some said 26 episodes weren't enough, but right now I say 2 episodes would be enough to end this anime. One to set up a fight against that demon who never dies; another to kill the demon who never dies. The end.

By the way, I've completely lost any attraction to any characters, and I don't care about the romance anymore. I hope Inuyasha turns gay and marry the little fox. My humble wishes.

My recommendation for those willing to watch this: skip the first 20-22 episodes and just watch the last four, which also is a time saver method.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:28 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
One of the few who are still watching [this bologus], reporting.
I have yet to watch episode 8, but I'll be watching it Wednesday morning, most likely. At least up to episode 7, there was nothing you could've missed by not watching this.

Bento-Box wrote:

Inuyasha is a complete drag, with plot or not. Some said 26 episodes weren't enough, but right now I say 2 episodes would be enough to end this anime. One to set up a fight against that demon who never dies; another to kill the demon who never dies. The end.

Agreed. I think I was correct when I thought that they should finish this with a movie or SMALL OVA set. 26: too long. Hmmm . . . just like the first round. Imagine that.

Quote:
By the way, I've completely lost any attraction to any characters, and I don't care about the romance anymore. I hope Inuyasha turns gay and marry the little fox. My humble wishes.

Ditto.

Quote:
My recommendation for those willing to watch this: skip the first 20-22 episodes and just watch the last four, which also is a time saver method.

Seconded. They wouldn't miss anything other than power ups.

Below is the best part from ep 8. I would put spoiler tags, but since this happens like at least 3 times every story arc, I won't bother. It won't ruin the plot.

Kouga is trying to defeat Naraku who is after Kouga's leg shards. InuYasha is off saving Kagome (of course) and Miroku and Sango are watching Kouga fight. At one point Miroku yells "Kouga, don't let him take your shards or we'll be useless!" (Hulu Viz Subs)

I laughed because they already are useless. I mean, seriously, what has Sango done in the recent future? Also, Miroku's only significant contribution was sucking in spoiler[that Fuoheki thingy]. (I know, spelling.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm also hoping, after seeing episode 8, that spoiler[the soul sucking zombie lady stays dead. They've dragged that love triangle to death very early on in the first series and I never really liked Kikyo's character.]

Last edited by Kruszer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I'm also hoping, after seeing episode 8, that spoiler[the soul sucking zombie lady stays dead. They've dragged that love triangle to death very early on in the first series and I never really liked Kikyo's character..]

About that person - spoiler[I'm really sick of seeing her revived. As in - super sick of it. I don't understand it, she didn't even really serve any purpose in the end (except for maybe prolonging Kohaku's life), and is such an annoying character that all I want Kagome to do is punch her in the back of the face.]
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
ep 10 - Don't even really know why I'm still watching at this point. Or posting about it for that matter.

Another bit of filler . . . oh, wait . . . Kagome actually had some character development? Maybe InuYasha did. Wait. No. I was wrong. It's just the same thing they've been doing over and over. Sad to say Kana looks to be the next [spoiler]to fall in the next couple of eps[/spoiler[. Hopefully, they won't drag it out too long. Yeah right.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm finally catching up to all the episodes. For now I've picked up from 13 and am currently at 19. I must say, without fillers it's so much better. Still, it's worth a watch, as the episodes are really compressed, besides the value of seeing a 150+ series ending. Also, these episodes have been far more enjoyable than the others, perhaps it's just my mood, or the fact that I've been watching mostly uninteresting anime lately, or maybe, my god, the quality is probably better.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I skipped so many episodes.... came back in around ep 20 or so.... yeah. I don't think I missed anything of importance.

Ending.... spoiler[at least they kissed. Although, Sango went from super demon slaying woman to housewife over night. Now she's makin sandwiches and babies while doing the laundry.] Just glad that it's over. I liked the ending better than the manga ending.
SomaRukido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so for those people who have finished InuYasha the Final Act, I have a question for you. After three years pass and Kagome is able to go back through the well and see InuYasha again, she decides to live there, but is she able to pass through the well freely and see her family? I don't know if this is ever elaborated on, but if anyone has an answer that would be cool. Also does anyone else find it weird that Kohaku, Shippo, and Rin don't change in appearance at all lol. Nonetheless it was amazing and I'm so sad that i had to finish it!
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
Question: Where can I watch this? Do I need to pay a fee or subscribe? And is it dubbed? I've been hoping that it would come to Adult Swim but it looks like that's not gonna happen.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
If you go to the opening post of this thread, there's a link to the Encyclopedia entry. If you look at that entry, there's another link to free streaming episodes of the series (all of 'em). They are, however, subtitled.
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
Sorry for posting in a 4 year old thread, I didn't realize this one was so old. Anime smile + sweatdrop

I really loved InuYasha: The Final Act! It was a bit better than the 1st anime, but nothing is better than the manga! (even though I have yet to read the manga....whoops.... ^^;;; )

I wonder if anyone is still a fan of InuYasha even after all these years? Smile

I hope I'm not the only one that's still a fan even after the manga and InuYasha: The FInal Act ended. ^^;
Touma

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
SamuraiNinjaDragon wrote:
I really loved InuYasha: The Final Act! It was a bit better than the 1st anime,

I consider it to be just as good as the first series, but not better.
If your standard for judgement is how faithful the anime is to the manga then The Final Act is probably better, but that is not my standard.

Quote:
but nothing is better than the manga! (even though I have yet to read the manga....whoops.... ^^;;; )

Could you please explain what you mean by that?

Quote:
I wonder if anyone is still a fan of InuYasha even after all these years? Smile

I am.
I am hoping that I can soon get around to watching The Final Act for the third time and reading the relevant volumes of the manga for at least the third time.
I want to do an anime to manga comparison. I have already done that for the original series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I consider it to be just as good as the first series, but not better.
If your standard for judgement is how faithful the anime is to the manga then The Final Act is probably better, but that is not my standard.

Ah, good point you have. Yes, the original anime is a classic even with its few flaws that can be ignored. I don't mean the 1st series is bad, I just mean the The Final Act was slightly better. Both anime series are really great so it's hard to choose which one is truly the best one. I hope this made more sense. ^^;;;

Touma wrote:
Could you please explain what you mean by that?

I haven't read the InuYasha manga yet, but I'm sure it is great and probably better than both anime series, but I could be wrong. If ever I do finally get time to read the manga (there's like 50+ volumes with 550+ chapters worth.... ^^;;; ), I will be able to make a better judgement about it. I hope this made more sense. ^^;;;

Touma wrote:
I am. I am hoping that I can soon get around to watching The Final Act for the third time and reading the relevant volumes of the manga for at least the third time.
I want to do an anime to manga comparison. I have already done that for the original series.

Cool! I'm surprised no one has done an anime-manga comparison for InuYasha or The Final Act yet. You should totally go for it! Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2