• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Add To Love-Ru Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Damn Damn! They strike again! Nice job at always ruining everything....

I totally agree. They keep picking up all these good series or ones im interested and releasing them in f***ing sub-only sets. No dub means no sale for me with few exceptions.

I kinda wish they would go back and dub some of their better selling series. Didn't Matt Greenfield say awhile back not to completely rule out the possibility of a dub for Clannad, because the sub-only sets sold pretty well so Sentai was considering it?
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of looking forward to this being dubbed. For me, subbed only releases are a way to cut corners, and to be cheap!I hope this get's dubbed someday! Right now, I'm just angry!
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

I kinda wish they would go back and dub some of their better selling series. Didn't Matt Greenfield say awhile back not to completely rule out the possibility of a dub for Clannad, because the sub-only sets sold pretty well so Sentai was considering it?

And you actually believed him?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad the anime is getting released, I hope they get the OVAs to the series. There worth watching if you like manga story or at least anything after the normal series.

I mean I already know the manga is never heading over here, Viz wouldn't touch it even if it was drawn by the mangaka of Black Cat. Plus it's a SJ manga that got bit off do to low ratings.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

And you actually believed him?

No, I knew it wouldnt happen. But whenever an anime bigwig says something like that it usually gives me that tiny sliver of hope: that its extremely unlikely but they didn't say no.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I have two problems with TLR being licensed is

1. It breaks up that idea being that Viz and Funi are the only ones picking up the Shonen Jump Titles with the exception of some of the older series.

2. How the heck does this come over to the states before Reborn and Gintama?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Its just a matter of waiting for Sentai to fall apart. All of the good shows will have dubs it just a matter of time. So To Love'Ru until then.

ToLoveRu wasn't that good of a show, pretty dime a dozen to me. If FUNi had wanted it, they probably could have picked it up by now. I only await the day that FUNi announces their first sub-only release of a new title, so you finally shut the hell up.
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Zilan wrote:
woooohooooo now Yen needs to get the manga!

It's a Jump title, so it has to be Viz.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Its just a matter of waiting for Sentai to fall apart. All of the good shows will have dubs it just a matter of time. So To Love'Ru until then.

ToLoveRu wasn't that good of a show, pretty dime a dozen to me. If FUNi had wanted it, they probably could have picked it up by now. I only await the day that FUNi announces their first sub-only release of a new title, so you finally shut the hell up.

It would be a big surprise to see Funi start doing some sub only sets, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Some of their titles are the ones that sit the longest on shelves. But I think that would be a long time away, if ever.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
im so sick of subed only why cant they dub it
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
im so sick of subed only why can't they dub it

$$$$$$$$

And no, just because it had a dub does not mean it will sell enough to make it bad. Just ask Geneon.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

It would be a big surprise to see Funi start doing some sub only sets, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Some of their titles are the ones that sit the longest on shelves. But I think that would be a long time away, if ever.

Well, if we were to see any sub-only releases from Funi I agree that it would have to be far in the future. Didn't Funi just say something at a con about how they took a poll and most of their customers prefer anime dubbed? Of course, I doubt only the poll would have convinced them otherwise, but it's a sign that Funimation was looking for a way to tell people more definitely that they plan to continue dubbing all of their series.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Bunch of bawwing and whining babies here. Those who don't like subs are just too lazy to read, or don't have enough of an attention span to watch a show with subs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Bunch of bawwing and whining babies here. Those who don't like subs are just too lazy to read, or don't have enough of an attention span to watch a show with subs.

Well, that's just not true. It can be much harder for some people to get into subtitled shows, myself often included. I would have probably enjoyed Ghost Hound more with a dub, but that doesn't mean I didn't really enjoy it subtitled.

Also, there are many people who just can't read fast enough to catch the subtitles.

Not to mention the many people who multi-task while watching their anime. You can't exactly concentrate on something else too, if your eyes have to constantly on the screen.

But if people want to know why Funimation or Viz haven't grabbed a certain series, I think they should be asking them that. Not getting mad because Sentai or Bandai grabbed it. It's not like they have the resources to outbid Funi or Viz.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't multitask when watching anime because I'll miss most of what happens. When watching by myself, I'll watch it subbed, if I watch with others, I'll have it set to the dub.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7