• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:45 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail x Rave OVA

I may not be familiar with Rave beyond knowing that it was his previous work and that many of the characters are similar, but I was able to appreciate it.

it had quite a lot of looks how similar they all were, but also how different and that and confused about things normal for one being confusing to the other. Having knew that Plue was in Rave I thought that perhaps Rave was another world like Edolas, with the characters possibly being alternate versions. But they apparently come from the same, so knows what other crazy things exist out there.

I for one knew spoiler[straight after looking at the job poster that it was Erza, it is pretty in character for her to unknowingly cause trouble and get the image of a monster].

It was pretty fun.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I need to finish Rave Master sometimes this year after watching this now. I had it on-hold for ages and forgot most of the characters. For instance, I can't remember the name of that other blonde girl that appeared in the episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail episode 176:

Finally, it's back in all of its glory.

That OP song is glorious and I can tell that there are a lot of spoiler[NaLu moments in the songs. Poor Lector though ;.; ugh I hate Sabertooth's Guild Master. With that being said, I'm excited for what this season has to offer.]

And yes, this is a continuation. No recap so better catch up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:24 am Reply with quote
*trumpet blast*

Fairy Tail is back! YAY!!! Man, I missed this show. Looks like spoiler[Juicy Lucy and Bratsu] might eventually...

*makes an O with thumb and forefinger and shoves other forefinger in and out of it*

So, so Happy to see this back. I just wonder how long this installment is going to run for.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 176 (2014 episode 1)

Holy cow that was quite the return. For starters I think that I noticed an increase in the animation too, although perhaps it is just to bring people in. I thought the way they rehashed everyone's characteristics to feel a little unnatural, but it might be that Fairy Tail had been going for 175 episodes, this is the first time back from a break. Well I recently re-watched the movie so that probably had an effect on me while watching.

Big moments include the Sabertooth spoiler[master disintegrated Lector, which then pushed Sting then to put a big hole through the master's chest]. It is probably the most spoiler[blatant deaths we have had in the series, and the master's daughter is smiling about it]. Also learned about the history of Dragons and Dragon Slayers, spoiler[the Dragons who were into co-existence created them to fight Dragons who weren't]. But apparently spoiler[Dragon Slayers started to kill all Dragons, especially by the strongest, Aconolgia, was transformed into one apparently by Zeref]. Those are quite the twists to bring up right in the comeback.

Also a lot of Lucy and Natsu moments, especially in the OP and ED, the OP is pretty cool. What happened to Gajeel's design? Erza's looks cool though. Great to see the return of my favourite character from a long running shounen. Now I am getting..... all fired up!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
This totally brightened up my day!
It's finally back!! ^^ and so is the fun & action!
Been a while since the previous season..
This one is off to a great start.
I don't expect anything less from Fairy Tail.
OP & ED are awesome as well.
I totally missed Natsu x Gray fights ^^
Erza kinda seems more serious than before.
I like the subtle changes in certain characters.
Great first episode!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I had been watching this at the pace funimation had set for new dubbed episodes for subscribers. However, considering there are only 108 dubbed episodes currently available, I have spent the last 2 weeks powering though the remaining 67 episodes so I could be caught up for the restart. So, it's only been two days for me since I saw ep 175. this looks so much better now and I'm looking forward to following this weekly for however long it lasts
kalibhug

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 am Reply with quote
Natsu character should be more appealing
SodaPop65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I still can't decide whether I love or hate Fairy Tail

Every week I check out the new chapter (manga), and each weak, I dislike it more and more

I just keep waiting for it to make me care like it used to, and each weak I get another cheap powerboost, another deus ex machina to save everyone, another blah blah blah friendship.

And yea, I guess I was cool with that earlier on, but at this point they're dealing with some serious shit. Fairy Tail has to get serious at some point, or go completely ridiculous like Gurran Laggan, because at this point in the manga they're trying to seem serious while pulling off the cheapest most childlike plot twists I've seen.

(Please Fairy Tail, fix your shit so I can enjoy you again)
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
It was awesome seeing all the teams again in the second half of the episode. Poor spoiler[Lucy and Yukino] though...and I feel especially sad about the latter now after hearing her brief story.

Anyways, I'll look forward to what happens next. Hopefully, they adapt this right. FT's Guild Master is awesome :>
javg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
After watching this ep. I'm eager to see what happens next with all this spoiler[Eclipse project and time travel thing ]. When I watched this, I immediately thought about (Rave Master)spoiler[ Ellie-Resha and SiegHart]. For me, that was one of the best part of that manga.

In addition, I'm very curious about the girl in the black cape and all the ¿Flashforwards? regarding Levy (from the first season), so I have high expectations of this arc Very Happy.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Grand magic games continue.
Damn, I almost forgot about that.
This new animation sometimes makes the character look flat.
Wonder why they decided to change animation style..
spoiler[Time travel (Eclipse project)] finally made its way into this anime.
After those parallel worlds I was hoping they would explore this option as well.
spoiler[Natsu got into trouble again.] His stubbornness was his downfall.
Fairy Tail just got seriously motivated.
Fast forward to the spoiler[final day of Grand Magic Games] was definitely rushed.
It's like they wanted to end it to start a new arc.
I'm not too happy about that fact.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 177 (2014 episode 2)

I thought the similarities were striking before, but now I am sure that Yukino spoiler[is Angel's sister], which completes a rather tragic picture.

Also that guy might not have been so bad over the fact that he came clean, although he is likely wrong spoiler[about his plan to change the past], it is going to be bad.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:00 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail (2014) episode 3:

Decent episode and I like how some bits of the fights were extended. Still,spoiler[ Sting's way of fighting is a bit different than he was previously in the games with him being much more serious now. As far the fights themselves, Jura, Kagura, and members of FT gets my praise. Mavis also gets praise from me for her brilliant tactics. Too bad she hasn't came up with a way to deal with Jura but that can't be helped with someone of his caliber.]

On another note, we also meet the spoiler[princess of Fiore. I hope Natsu and the others can escape that place tbh because down there isn't looking pretty,] not a bit.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail in the lead, but spoiler[Sabertooth is breathing down their necks.]
It too close for comfort.
But with their motivation I don't doubt Fairy Tail at all.
Fairy Tail's strategy was spoiler[weird to say the least.
That goes both for final battle and the rescue operation!]

spoiler[Number One] was awesome this time.
Her tactics were amazing and spot on too!
The spoiler[rescue part went sideways though.]
Well, not everything can go their way.
Great episode!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 57