• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
Erza in a spoiler[maid and bunny outfit?] I approve.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 203 (2014 Episode 28)

I knew spoiler[it was Bisca as soon as they showed the silhouette]. If I remember properly, spoiler[Bisca also uses Requp magic], I guess this is why she learned it.

Another episode to show that Erza is awesome. The best bits had to be that she requiped spoiler[the bunny outfit], that she spoiler[walked into the sweets store while still in it and took the waitress's outfit, swapping it with the swan tutu]. If I recall right, the spoiler[tutu was something Natsu gave to her]. Also knew that Erza was not going to spoiler[be soft when it looked like she was, it is totally within her style to be rough].

Kind of upset that still no change in OP and ED. But seeing Erza in PJs kind of makes up for it.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Kind of upset that still no change in OP and ED. But seeing Erza in PJs kind of makes up for it.

We're basically guaranteed to be getting the new opening/ending next week. They've just been holding off for a few episodes until they start the anime-original arc.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:53 am Reply with quote
Kind of boring, although I liked seeing some background on an otherwise barely ever getting screentime character. I'm mostly disappointed because I had hoped we'd see an animated version of spoiler[the Juvia-centric special chapter Mashima released last year], especially because I wanted to seespoiler[ her shipper fanservicey hallucinations]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Celestial spirits get thank you.
The suntan thing was ROFL
Their wishes were just hilarious!
Poor Happy got abused a bit LOL
Seriously, why is Aquarius always in such a bad mood?!]

Unusual episode, but very fun to watch!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
I think this is the beginning of the spoiler[new arc] and one thing I learned so far is not to piss off spoiler[Aquarius] Surprised

Anyways, I think this next is going to be fun so definitely looking forward to what's to come. New spoiler[OP song also.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:55 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I think this is the beginning of the spoiler[new arc] and one thing I learned so far is not to piss off spoiler[Aquarius] Surprised

This was pretty much already a given, I think it was the very first episode that we knew this.

What I learned here though is exactly what the two mean to each other. spoiler[Aquarius is not just some mean person that gets off on bullying Lucy], who for some reason keeps taking it. To Lucy, spoiler[Aquarius is like a big sister]. Lucy might have bothered spoiler[her a number of times, but at one point it was all Lucy had, she was Lucy's best friend who would tell Lucy that she can do better. Aquarius is a very proud and emotional spirit, but she is not bad, to Aquarius Lucy is that same brat who was alone and could not rely on herself.]

About this being a new arc. The new OP looks great, especially when they focus on each of the characters, the style of Natsu took me by surprise, they look really classic for some reason. And I am really liking the new title card, it looks fresh. I like the spirits so I will like this.

Also Sagittarius spoiler[missed the apple]. Laughing
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Drastic climate changes.
Kinda reminds me of the real world climate changes..
The requests they got were pretty fun to watch ^^
Of course Lucy & Natsu had to get the weirdest job.
It was also the most fun to watch ^^
Guess the spirit world is in trouble this time.
There was something way off with all golden key spirits.
This story will probably take up a few episodes.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
Decent start to the new arc so far. Is it just me or does that spoiler[Aquarius look almost like Wendy in a way. Virgo also became a badass version of herself. Nice.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
Agreed that it's a decent start. Reminds me a bit of the Edolas Arc for obvious reasons.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 205 (2014 Episode 13)

I can take the environment changing to apocalypse level and the spirits looking different. But making Virgo a sadist and act like that, and I am not happy with it, she looks cool, but that is not her. The same with the others, they look cool and cute, but Loki acting like that is practically unimaginable. Should be a good arc. Sure Virgo has been unhelpful a number of times, but seeing her actually malevolent, or Loki hating girls. Evil.

Seems that it is a end of the world sort of thing, and since it is celestial spirit related I wonder if it specifically to do with spoiler[Ophiuchus, the 13th key]. Yukino kind of spoiler[did not mention it, it clearly is sort of dark and it kind of makes me think of Jormungand, the serpent supposed to play a part in the Ragnarök].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I really like Sagittarius's new look. much better than his older goofy appearance
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:06 am Reply with quote
I think there might be a spoiler[mastermind or someone pulling the strings from behind the scenes. If they really want to obtain 'absolute freedom' at the cost of their lives of only living 12 days as I think it's stated, then it's not worth it imo.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 206 (2014 Episode 31)

They know spoiler[Virgo wants them to look for it, so they think that means they should look for it faster]. No it means the probably spoiler[should not leave it up to just them. If I am not mistaken it was Lucy and Yukino that were looking pretty strong this episode, and they could not even use their spirits].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Celestial spirits problem continues..
Natsu hitched a ride to celestial spirit world.
He really doesn't think before he acts.
Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
The fight moving to spirit world.
I really don't like the new celestial spirits versions.
Fairy Tail sure was getting their asses kicked by spirits.]

Things sure were lively.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 41 of 57