• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail (2014) episode 23:
spoiler[The ending felt a bit anti-climatic. I'm glad this arc is over though. Shame about the Dragon Slayers but they'll improve soon. Next time, we'll get the party.]

Is it just me or does spoiler[Erza look cute in that dress during the PV?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
spoiler[12 Gates of Zodiac vs The Portal = no damage
Future Rogue vs Natsu,]
the final showdown.
Guess nothing can be done without Natsu.
spoiler[Rogue was defeated and portal destroyed in one swift move.
The dragons disappeared shortly after that. So did the everything from the future.]

It kinda seemed too easy.
I'm thinking there must be more to it..
spoiler[Future Rogue spilled some Frosch info to Natsu.]
Still, that's not something mayor.
Guess that arc is over...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 198 (2014 Episode 23)

I got something in my eye when we saw what I assumed was future spoiler[Lucy going to her own time's heaven.]

And by the sounds of it, they have spoiler[1 year to train to take on the Saiyans Acnologia, the Dragon Slayers have a way to go to be able to stand a chance]. Although at the same time there is also Zeref planning something, and I wonder if Cobra is just going to go back.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Glad the arc is over. It wasn't terrible but it definitely had the least satisfying conclusion of any other arc. Looking forward to the next arc being animated.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Glad the arc is over. It wasn't terrible but it definitely had the least satisfying conclusion of any other arc. Looking forward to the next arc being animated.

The arc isn't over yet. The next few episodes are the wrap up and conclusion to it.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

The arc isn't over yet. The next few episodes are the wrap up and conclusion to it.

Kind of splitting hairs here but its practically over, maybe 2-3 episodes to wrap it up since it seems the party will last a whole episode.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
GrayArchon wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

Kind of splitting hairs here but its practically over, maybe 2-3 episodes to wrap it up since it seems the party will last a whole episode.

It will last a whole episode. In fact, if the upcoming episode titles on the wikia are accurate (and I have no cause to doubt them), the next three episodes will be 1 chapter per episode pacing to finish out the arc.

And it's kind of important as you really shouldn't be judging the conclusion of the arc before it's actually concluded. While you might not find the defeat of the boss satisfying, you may find other aspects satisfying.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
GrayArchon wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

It will last a whole episode. In fact, if the upcoming episode titles on the wikia are accurate (and I have no cause to doubt them), the next three episodes will be 1 chapter per episode pacing to finish out the arc.

And it's kind of important as you really shouldn't be judging the conclusion of the arc before it's actually concluded. While you might not find the defeat of the boss satisfying, you may find other aspects satisfying.

I'm caught up on the manga and stand by my opinion.
mykokoro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard about it from friends and I had added it to my list on Netflix a while back to watch later. I think I'll watch this soon after I finish all the other anime I am watching of late. Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Too bad they didn't plan it so the arc officially ends on episode 200. My OCD mind thrives on that kind of numerical tidiness.

And yes, DP, I believe something landed in my eye at the exact same point in the episode as yours did. What a koinky-dink.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Party time!
It was kinda weird seeing everyone dressed up.
Gray was too naked again ^^"
Juvia was really cute.
Shame Gray still doesn't share her feelings.
Natsu was AWOL for some reason..
But he sure knows how to make an entrance.
This arc was wrapped up nicely.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote
Gotta admit, spoiler[Kagura's dress and her reactions (when drunk) were pretty damn cute in the latest episode.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 199 (2014 Episode 24)

They can't take Natsu anywhere without him causing some mess, at least everyone saw it as the fun it was. A good episode.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote
Actually, this does work out perfectly after all: the new arc will start at episode 200 which is nice and tidy.

I wonder where spoiler[Sabertooth's Master and his evil daughter] have gotten off to?

Also, we haven't really spoiler[gotten closure on Ultear's "death." I'm assuming she's died,] but there has been no mention of it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Also, we haven't really spoiler[gotten closure on Ultear's "death." I'm assuming she's died,] but there has been no mention of it.

Well looking at the preview, it seemed to heavily have spoiler[Meredy and Jellal, and there was what appeared to be some focus on a letter written by someone and an old lady]. I might be jumping to conclusions, but those pieces do point towards a theory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 57