• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
The fact that we are getting recaps is just their way of keeping to 2 chapters per episode without trying to fill time with unnecessary filler. Even with Mashima pumping out 8 chapters in 4 weeks they still need to keep to keep them selves from catching up with the manga.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 am Reply with quote
It's still somewhat ridiculous. Especially if you take into account they just tortured us with half a year worth of fillers (among which probably the worst filler arc in at least Fairy Tail's history). The long recap reminded me strongly of what One Piece has been doing for a very long time now... Oh well, better than the last half year, I guess. It's really funny how FT did not learn from its own strategy. Taking a break when they did was probably a rather smart thing but instead of doing it again, we got that awful filler arc... At least we are back with the main story now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...this week it looks like the arc (Sun Village) is near finishing. Good to see they introduced spoiler[Silver since he will have an important role soon. And also, the foreshadowing dialogue coming from Atlas Flame sets up for the next arc!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
Heads up for those who skip the opening, they changed the end of the opening to feature the members of Tartarus.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 232, (2014 episode 57)

So I was right that that spoiler[it was demon slayer magic or something]. Maybe jumping the gun, but that spoiler[ice demon slayer looked like Gray], could it be that spoiler[Gray's father went onto becoming a demon slayer]?

Cool reveal that the flame spoiler[was Atlas Flame, Natsu's "uncle]". The last things he said sounded ominous, something about a spoiler[demon from Zeref from 400 years ago that Igneel could not destroy]. Wait! I just came up with a crazy theory that connects the idea ofspoiler[ Zeref's strongest creation], and spoiler[Igneel,] and actually might explain something big. It is spoiler[Natsu], we have no idea how spoiler[he ended up with Igneel, Zeref recognised him and hoped that Natsu could end his immortality, and Natsu was affected by the runes during the fighting festival that prevented people over a certain age from passing through]. spoiler[Natsu] could actually be at least a spoiler[seal of a 400 year old monster], and maybe why spoiler[he seems to increase in strength when he gets angry], unlike most other characters. At least a reason beyond spoiler[saying he is the main character].

Also, apparently Flare's magic was something she gained from the Eternal flame, spoiler[which we know now was a dragon]. Does this mean that spoiler[Flare is a dragon slayer]? I will also add that Natsu's fight this week with fire looked really good.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
That weird giant bird was persistent.
spoiler[Gray's attempt to melt the ice went a little sideways.
Natsu went all out with the bird.
His overdoing it actually saved the day.
The talk with the Atlas Flame dragon]
was interesting.
Finally... the spoiler[village melted.]
Looks like new challenges are ahead.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm more hyped for the upcoming episodes since this week's spoiler[showed a taste of what Tartarus can do already. By the title they hold and PV next time, I expect the arc to introduce more of their core members. Should be fun.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:51 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Everyone is free now.
Flare accepted back with open arms.
Still.. new trouble is just around the corner.
The demons of Tartarus have officially arrived.
Warrod prepared a nice thank you feast along with some surprises.]

Nice episode!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
I have really grown to like flare.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Her habit of calling people by their hair colour is cute. And then, of course, there's those enormous breasts which she doesn't work very hard to cover up...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Her habit of calling people by their hair colour is cute. And then, of course, there's those enormous breasts which she doesn't work very hard to cover up...

yup, giving you a peek what you will never have. all part to her dastardly plan
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail 2014- 2015, episode ..59:

Finally, the Nine Demon Gates makes their move. I'm somewhat disappointed at the council members tbh for getting annihilated by a single member, Jackal. However, it could just be the fact that he is too strong with his mysterious abilities.

Kinda curious to see how well they will adapt the rest of this arc but there's a lot more to come. Laxus for instance gets to fight next week judging by the cliffhanger so I'm looking forward to that~
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:52 am Reply with quote
Time to face the demons!
Hope this Tartarus arc will be a good one.
Magic council decided to get off their asses a bit too late..
Jackal sure has an interesting power.
Judging by that, it's gonna be a serious challenge to fight the demons.
A whole bunch of new characters.. they sure look unique.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail (2014- ) episode 60:

Well, that was interesting in terms of buildup. Too bad about Laxus even though I think Tempesta took a cheap way out of that fight. Seems like he is going to make a return soon.

As for the build up this episode, I guess we'll see Natsu vs. Jackal. Looking forward to that tbh since it seems like that Jackal guy needs a lesson to learn.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:32 am Reply with quote
Tempesta sure caused a lot of destruction around town.
Laxus intervened.
Was surprised to see that demon go down so easily.
I just got my hopes up too soon..
The contamination was pretty bad.
The look on Natsu's face said it all.
Protecting the council members is high priority now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 47 of 57