• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
Igneel is back!
So Acnologia spoiler[was a man at first].
Damn, that guy sure had issues to do what he did..
Looks like it's gonna take much more than Igneel to defeat Acnologia.
spoiler[Natsu] just might do the trick!
That spoiler[Geer] is bad news no matter how you look at it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 84:

Fairy Tail logic: the 7th sense. Nakama power.

I think the fight felt a bit predictable in the end although it did capture the thrill of Erza's suffering at the hands of Kyoka especially in the first half. This was their most fierce encounter yet and it also felt like a battle against time itself (Face). The ending though...D:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Erza vs Kyoka.
She was too much for Erza]
to handle on her own.
Yet she managed to surprise me once more!
The dragons were dancing their own dance..
Natsu dealing with the Book.
spoiler[Face ON!] Trouble time!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:54 am Reply with quote
I thought that maybe they could explain it away that Erza's artificial eye. But there is an also explanation for precedence of an extra sense Erza might have, that she has had a natural affinity with some sort of telekinesis or levitation like what she did when she rebelled against the tower when she was a child. Perhaps that could be an explanation of her being able to perceive things.

Also does it make sense that one could have strong sense of pain but not sense of touch?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 85:

Eh, this week's episode was a bit weak except for the Mard Geer vs the Dragon Slayers. It also really showed a difference in their power/strengths. And anyways, it looks like the ultimate weapon for FT was revealed at the end so momentum should pick up from there.

LOL, Gajeel's singing...seriously Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
Did..... did they just reuse a bunch of scenes in the middle of the episode to fill in time? What was with seeing Erza fighting the enemy she already beat last episode?

So is spoiler[Mavis] not actually dead?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:37 am Reply with quote
Well... that guy got rid of Natsu easily.
spoiler[Sting & Rogue] showed up just at the right time.
Natsu can be pretty dense sometimes, but you gotta admire his persistency.
spoiler[Master of the Underworld] is not gonna be easy to defeat.
Even with spoiler[3 on 1] odds it seems impossible..
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 86:

Oh boy...

So we got some info dump about END, Tartaros, etc from Mard Geer. The fight itself didn't impress me much though until Gray arrived. I find it amusing at how fast he attacked Mard Geer. Anyways, I think the fight will be more serious next time given that transformation. Oh how proud Silver must be proud of Gray right now about now.

And oh yeah, Jiemma is back...not a pretty sight imo.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
More Fairy Tail drama.
Problem hopping again.
spoiler[Geer] shared some interesting info.
So thair spoiler[evil plan gets explained.
Gray showed up]
to save the situation..
It's pretty much obvious how much he's grown.
So spoiler[Geer counters with an ace] from his sleeve..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:10 am Reply with quote
So Zeref did create the demons in order to kill him, and END is the ultimate version of that? Its like really obvious now, Zeref specifically said that he was supposed to kill him and got really upset when he could not do it. Also not so subtle was showing END as spoiler[flame], there is no way that END is spoiler[not actually Natsu], it is like why Igneel spoiler[told Natsu not to open the book]. Or I am totally wrong and we will get the usual of some crazy big enemy that ultimately fails like back with Lullaby, Nirvana, and other.

Mard Geer's true form looks like he has the eyes of chibi Pantherlilly. It makes him look strangely cute.
Soozasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I just ended season 4 on Hulu. Does Jellal ever return in any of the seasons?! He just disappeared.. And short clips of him just pops up randomly lol. I was devastated when him and Erza didn't reunite!!
(not asking for too much of a spoiler)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
Soozasaurus wrote:
I just ended season 4 on Hulu. Does Jellal ever return in any of the seasons?! He just disappeared.. And short clips of him just pops up randomly lol. I was devastated when him and Erza didn't reunite!!

I like to think Jellal is one of the bigger characters of the franchise where he does tend to come back. There can be big jumps in when he appears, but I think he has had some fairly relevant appearances.

Granted I don't remember the series in seasons, I have just watched the show as it has come out from the beginning. Which according to Wikipedia is in its.... 7th season. Season 4 ended around after the time skip, yeah you might enjoy some of what happens, although not to the to the point that you get hopes too high. *inserts fitting picture of Happy*.
Soozasaurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Soozasaurus wrote:

I like to think Jellal is one of the bigger characters of the franchise where he does tend to come back. There can be big jumps in when he appears, but I think he has had some fairly relevant appearances.

Granted I don't remember the series in seasons, I have just watched the show as it has come out from the beginning. Which according to Wikipedia is in its.... 7th season. Season 4 ended around after the time skip, yeah you might enjoy some of what happens, although not to the to the point that you get hopes too high. *inserts fitting picture of Happy*.

Yeah I'm pretty behind. It got me so excited for the Jerza couple and then they just take it away haha! I am pretty pumped for season 5 to see what happens after the Acnologia attack and what the hell is going on with this Zeriph guy who somehow knows Natsu. I will soon find out! Thanks, I won't get my hopes up too much on Jerza lol!
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 87:

Well, I think this week's episode got it right with the action, choreography, and OST. Didn't surprise me much that Mard Geer would unleash his true curse power against FT. Scary...

I wish they cut some of the flashbacks but I guess they were important from the Sabertooth's side of the story. GG Jiemma as well. I think he got what was coming to him.

Good episode this week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:58 am Reply with quote
2014, Episode 87 (Episode 262)

The amount of flashbacks were pretty crazily high, and that does not even bring up the fact that we have been having the Erza fight replayed during the current events.

Interesting that Gray's fighting style has changed, I was thinking it was a lot like Natsu's before thinking that it is just how slayer magic works, the other dragon slayers and god slayers have had those traits of roars and fists.

Kind of wish that the previews did not say the entire plot of the next episode. I miss the times that it was just Natsu and Happy goofing around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 52 of 57