• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
2014, Episode 94 (Episode 269) / (Fairy Tail Zero, 4)

Aw, Precht is a sweetie, he scares people but he has really pure intentions. Makes it all the sadder that he pretty much becomes a monster. Wait, are dudes allowed to call other dudes a "sweetie"? I guess I can kind of sympathise with him myself as a tall socially awkward guy, and probably give off wrong vibes despite worrying about others more than I should.

I was trying to figure out Mavis' magic, Sirius felt like a hint of celestial summoning magic, but it did not look like it was such magic. Figures it was an illusions.

Next takes them to Magnolia, the future hometown of Fairy Tail.
Soldierblue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this anime and it's great that that Mavis is now the main protagonist. I think it's a nice change of pace. She seems the direct opposite of Natsu in how smart she is.

Like a tactical genious she can get herself out of some sticky situations. Reminds of some of the characters in no game no life and also Hunter X Hunter 2011. It gets very exciting to me whenever a large amount of game theory is used in a anime. It should be a great series, although there are a ton of fantastic characters in fairy tail I think I'll miss.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote

Zera sure doesn't like the outdoors.
That's just goes to show how spoiled she was..
Those guys can be pretty fickle too.
Yuri is the reckless one, Precht the careful one & Warrod somewhere in between.
Very nice episode ^^
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 95: (Fairy Tail Zero)

Meh, I thought the latest episode was cute with the relationship between Zera and Mavis. But, the guys' adventure didn't impress me much. It had a lot of fillerish content in it and imo was dragging.

Next episode looks like it could be quite interesting though especially with the cliffhanger buildup at the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 96 (Fairy Tail Zero):

Eh this episode made me hate the Blue Skull guild even more. Seriously, some of the things they do are despicable...

Mavis' illusion magic is awesome as always, just unfortunate that it's not strong enough this time against their guild master.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 97:

Mavis got a cute makeover with her magic!

Eh, I think the episode was okay. A lot of buildup with the magic training with Warrod, Yuri, etc. I find the meeting between Mavis and Zeref to be somewhat awkward though. Next episode should be exciting again.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Mavis meets spoiler[Zeref].
She is just too sweet ^^
Somehow spoiler[Zeref turned into their sensei] LOL
At least it got them somewhere.
Founding Fairy Tail is getting closer..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
Interesting, we did not see any new magic from Mavis despite the training, but Zera did show some power. And also interesting is it looks like Zeref of all people seems to be the first to actually notice Zera.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
2014, Episode 98 (Episode 273) / (Fairy Tail Zero, 8)

If you had not noticed it yet, the "O" in the title card's "ZERO" has gotten progressively dimmer, and now it looks like it is completely gone, which asks the question of why.

Before the end of the episode when things were getting bad, my thoughts were that this was a situation to pull out one of the series strongest magics, especially since the main character at the moment is the creator of it. Fairy Law.

I actually had a funny thought. The time that Mavis spent with Laxus (and lesser degree Makarov) is kind of funny in retrospect due to similarity.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 98 (Fairy Tail Zero):

Yuri should of taken his friends' advice. Now all hell broke lose. Glad to see that Mavis managed to contain one of Blue Skull's core members though. But now, they got a big problem...

Is it also just me or does Mavis looks somewhat scary when confronting that Blue Skull Mage?

Last edited by Stark700 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
Starting a revolution!
Their little group sure has evolved.
They were very determined about their goal.
Power level has gone up too.
That dragon/Yuri went too far.
It's gonna be a challenge to save everyone..
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Ah that revelation about Zera...

Honestly, I'm not really surprised by it. If anyone noticed, she has never directly talked to other main character during this arc except Mavis. Still sad to know though. I mean, from Mavis point of view, I bet she's both stunned and sad.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I have been pointing out the evidence the entire arc of Zera's limited interaction with others and the reaction that other people have. I don't think it was very surprising since how the first episode went. There was still some shock put with Mavis.

But also, apparently Mavis' agelessness comes from using (fairy) Law while not ready, but to save Yuri. It seems to be enough to have Yuri to have changed a bit, she does not want him to feel responsible, but he knows that he can trust her. I think it would be interesting if we found out that Zeref's own situation is similar to Mavis' and he also tried to help someone, I think it would add a bit of irony with how they have been shown together so often.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
Mavis was impressive.
She overdid it though.
Major magic always takes its toll.
At least Yuri is his old self again..
What? spoiler[Zera is an illusion?!]
Wow! That was a shocker.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 100:

THE BIRTH OF FAIRY TAIL. Never forget. A memorable moment for this 100th episode!

Well that's it for this arc. A fitting way for Mavis to say farewell to Zera as well. I noticed the PV of the episode, seems like the show is going to run continuously since no announcement has been made for it to end yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 55 of 57