• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
2014, Episode 102 (Episode 277) (finale)

This felt like a really weird place to end it. I don't quite know how the manga did it, but I think they should have ended and taking a break right when they felt like we had gone into post time skip. This episode was a lot like the very first episode of Fairy Tail, Lucy saves Natsu and Happy by treating them to a meal, they bond a little, and they end with running away because of Natsu. Not knowing what is next in the manga, this would have been an awesome first episode of a new season where we feel nostalgic for being similar to how it all started, and the time skip would have weight for us the audience who would have experienced it too. If I had to have chosen a perfect place to end this season, it would have been us seeing that Lucy is a reporter, she is watching the magic games, it looks like the games are finished and then a mysterious hooded figure walks in that us the audience know who it is and we will be waiting for the return. Some of you say that they already did some padding, but I think they could have squeezed another episode out of the Zero arc, that even if filler or it is actually shown in depth later, we could have seen some of the beginning exploits of Fairy Tail rather than just a timeline that did not mean much before things we could understand like changing guild masters. I kind of expected Mavis and Zeref to have run into each other again before she "died", so I thought that was the place we would see it, when we go from the beginning back the main series.

I give a rating of Good (7/10), I like Fairy Tail, but I kind of rate this season a little lower than the first season despite some good moments, for instance the filler nature of the Celestial spirit arc was among the worsts, and even what could have been otherwise high point the Pandemonium arc was filled with instances of repeated scenes, large recaps, and just a really slow pace.
javg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:57 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

This felt like a really weird place to end it.

Totally agree.
Personally, I didn't like "the finale". In fact when I was watching the timeline I thought: "Nooooo , it's ending!".. That would've been a nice place to end it.

For me, this last episode is nothing compared to the last episode of the first Fairy Tail. That cliffhanger was superb!

All in all, I found Fairy Tail 2014 a bit weaker than the first one, but with greater moments Smile
JayHairston

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry - Theatrical Trailer & Dates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUBIDu3OHlM

Coming to theaters August 14 subbed and August 16 & 19 dubbed!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:58 am Reply with quote
Final Season (Season 3), Episode 1 (Episode 278)

It is back! So good for the tv series back, it has been more than two years. Two years waiting for a conclusion to reuniting the guild. The series has meant a lot to me, and so the season being called "Final Season", fills me with a little sadness, but I really do want a proper conclusion, something that truly makes the journey feel complete.

Their first stop, in meeting Wendy, seems to hit a bit of a road block, as she says that she is a Lamia Scale Wizard now. But, I think that it is clear to everyone in Lamia Scale, that Wendy is saying this because she feels like she owes its members, she is afraid of hurting them. That is how kind Wendy is, she is very close to Sherria, she even said that she can't leave her, so Sherria seems to be taking Wendy into a fight together, so Wendy can go do what she wants. I am sure Charle will also tag along. Wonder how Happy can measure up to Charle's new abilities.
CynsKandy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:16 am Reply with quote
This is 1 of my favorite Anime's and I'm sad that its coming to an end soon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:59 am Reply with quote
Final Season (Season 3), Episode 7 (Episode 284)

Not the same, until the guild members are back. Putting myself forward l as a total wuss, from the fact I cried alongside Lucy, because Lucy really earned a place as the emotional centre of the series, and is clear to fans for the guild being her family, making her incredibly afraid that they might reject it. As if the guild was not as important to them. Which is why it was so fulfilling when almost everyone was there. Starting off with Cana, fitting as she made herself as a sort of big sister, and finishing with Mira, the sort of team mum, the two of them man something particular to Lucy, that I don't think Erza quite is. Everyone came because Lucy sent out letters. What does that say about her place there, This feeling like it goes back to one of the earliest arcs where Fairy Tail stood to protect Lucy from Phantom Lord.

And this is what I am talking about, after the first half was something as ground breaking as the reveal of Zeref's past, along with Natsu, and even some of Acnalogia. Does look like Zeref messed with things he never should have. Sure he felt sorry, but he still comes across as a bit of a monster despite humanized elements. Supposedly he did have to have it pointed out that reviving someone at the cost of many lives was wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
It's been a while since I read the manga, but if she's one of Lucy's zodiac summons, I wouldn't count on seeing her becoming a regular. The summons don't get nearly as much face time as the guildees. The most prominent characters are Lucy, Natsu, the ice wizard (who strips a lot), and the chick with the armor. And Happy. Everyone else is pretty secondary, I recall.
voice is an acquired taste to various otaku. I think it did match Lucy's spunky and adventurous personality. Animation does resemble One Piece a bit but that doesn't concern me. Fairy Tail is one of those anime/manga I enjoy but am not a super fan of. If I was a bigger fan, I would have mentioned more gripes. I do however enjoy the very Western setting theme. It has the medieval Europe essence to it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 am Reply with quote
Final Season (Season 3), Episode 51 (Episode 328, Series Finale)

And so, after 328 episode, starting on October of 2009, the Fairy Tail anime came to a definitive ending. I am sure that the series is going to earn its fair share of people who are not fans of things, but stayed something important to me as an anime fan. We got a year later thing, where it seems a lot of relationships have moved forward, such as specifically Levy having news for Gajeel, crazy looking back to the Phantom Lord arc all the way back between episodes 21 and 29. An extra fun call back was drunk Lucy, which is that is a bad drunk, something otherwise rarely shown. But also most nostalgically there was Snow Fairy, the first OP, oh and decided to have Zera as a fairy.

It is difficult for me to separate out the feelings I feel for this series as a whole from deciding how I should rate the final season, how happy I am that it even was given an ending with all the closure and such to go with the growth of characters. I read some comments in places, and general idea is that it got bad, things not animated or something, yet somehow whatever it was did not bother me. Perhaps the series was stronger at some point, perhaps all the Zeref nonsense and empire stuff was not what people wanted. But it was the characters I liked. The characters, their spirit, a never give up attitude and even those who started off against each other can come to some reconciliation. Because there were so many different character arcs and interactions that came from different parts and flew into each other. I can only salute that Fairy Tail was a great ride, with diverse characters I have a strong connection to.

My rating for the final season is Good (7/10), because for me it was worth seeing, and for me that is what I give the series as a whole. You were worth watching Fairy Tail, and I will carry your imprint in me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 57 of 57