• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Old Frontier

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote
ShinGundam wrote:
I don’t know i played FFXIII demo and gameplay is mix of Xenogears and chrono trigger it is really good so i don’t
think it is worth to market FFCB or 4 WoL when have real deal here
I disagree with you there. I think Crystal Bearers is doing more to break away from the formulaic structure of the Nomura-era Final Fantasies, and would be a better title to spearhead the future of the series. And if fans wanted a more old-school Final Fantasy, 4 Warriors of Light would be a perfect fit as opposed to your "real deal" which is nothing more than Nomura's fashion show gone awry.
ShinGundam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Nomura has kind've been annoying me lately as a director and character designer. Face it, he'll never, ever be as good or original as Yoshitaka Amano or Akihiko Yoshida and lately I feel his style has gotten a little too "stylish" or whatever and felt his VII-era designs were his best because they were the most subdued. Plus as a director he was already left in the dust by Matsuno, Kato, and numerous other talents Square had.

To be honest he is trying to be Yoshitaka Amano or Akihiko Yoshida
but its more like style that makes games sells more !(TWEWY?)
Any way I like Nomura style especially on Parasite EVE and
Musashi also he was designer for Stetzer and shadow for FF6 . I
feel he would be more successful if he create cyberpunk setting like
Ghost in the Shell but as director pretty much hit and miss like
all Square directors

Quote:
I disagree with you there. I think Crystal Bearers is doing more to break away from the formulaic structure of the Nomura-era Final Fantasies, and would be a better title to spearhead the future of the series.

Actually you can’t broke what is already broken . This series
you fallow numeral games not formula or director or brand (Nin. -> Sony ->Multi > ??)

Quote:
And if fans wanted a more old-school Final Fantasy, 4 Warriors of Light would be a perfect fit as opposed to your "real deal" which is nothing more than Nomura's fashion show gone awry.

I said this game is "real deal" based on my hands -on FFXIII demo
not Nomura's fashion .
sfried

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:23 am Reply with quote
ShinGundam wrote:
not Nomura's fashion .
Yes, and so far the gameplay aspects of XIII have left me unimpressed. It's the same ridged turned-based system just shaken up a little. As I've said, at least they're trying something different with the CC series being real-time from the ground up and allowing you to interact with characters in all sorts of manner, not just a bunch of talk + FMV cutscenes.

ShinGundam wrote:
you fallow numeral games not formula or director or brand (Nin. -> Sony ->Multi > ??)
You can't fix bad grammar and spelling, either.
ShinGundam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
ShinGundam wrote:
not Nomura's fashion .
Yes, and so far the gameplay aspects of XIII have left me unimpressed. It's the same ridged turned-based system just shaken up a little. As I've said, at least they're trying something different with the CC series being real-time from the ground up and allowing you to interact with characters in all sorts of manner, not just a bunch of talk + FMV cutscenes.

ShinGundam wrote:

Sorry , I don’t have language skills like you . My mother language isn't English
I'm Arabian , anyway sinobi First Day Sales
[NDS] Hikaru no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Square Enix) - 85k
85k only not that good for "real deal"
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 am Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
ShinGundam wrote:

Yeah you can. It's pretty easy actually.

I mean really, if you're going to ignore common sense and get into it with a troll you could at least insult them in a way that makes some degree of sense. This is one of my numerous pet peeves.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote
To all those looking at Dragon Age for a Dark Fantasy RPG:

Be sure to pick up Demon's Souls as well! Very dark, very challenging, but oh so satisfying. I'm not saying choose one over the other, just reminding you that there's a dark fantasy RPG you can go pick up right now!

About Arc Rise,
I'm usually pretty mellow about changes and whatnot, but censoring reverse cleavage is just a crime against humanity. Since is universally accepted that Reverse is better then Regular.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3