Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, October 19-25


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
always nice to see K-on! on top of the blueray sales

yay for Hayate being in the top 5, with all the good sales for the 2nd season of the anime I really hope they decide to make a season 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 3806

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I approve of the awesomely suggestive blu-ray cover of K-ON! Cool

Though the Mio x Mugi pairing seemed really cracked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
holy_



Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Typo : not Shakugan no Shana D but S Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jmfsilenthill
Space CowboySpace Cowboy


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Frig off, Ricky!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I approve of the awesomely suggestive blu-ray cover of K-ON! Cool


I agree wholeheartedly Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SXAniMedia



Joined: 15 May 2009
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
I approve of the awesomely suggestive blu-ray cover of K-ON! Cool


I agree wholeheartedly Wink


I third it. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Big Hed



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1607
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
My approval goes to the Canaan girls, on the other hand Razz

Awesome show. And to see it doing so well, it makes me wonder if the anime will turn into the franchise's main platform, as opposed to the dating sim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
John Casey



Joined: 31 May 2009
Posts: 1853
Location: In My Angry Center

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
My approval goes to the Canaan girls, on the other hand Razz

Awesome show. And to see it doing so well, it makes me wonder if the anime will turn into the franchise's main platform, as opposed to the dating sim.

I doubt that. The Wii game's already been selling quite damn well, and now with two more platforms (PSP and PS3) to exploit, I think 428 will stay ahead for a while now.

If anything, it ever so slightly increases the chances of a quirky company like Xseed to possibly consider picking up rights.

...I should shut up now. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Hed



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1607
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:39 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

I doubt that. The Wii game's already been selling quite damn well, and now with two more platforms (PSP and PS3) to exploit, I think 428 will stay ahead for a while now.


Oh? I thought that 428 was only releasing in November.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
John Casey



Joined: 31 May 2009
Posts: 1853
Location: In My Angry Center

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
John Casey wrote:

I doubt that. The Wii game's already been selling quite damn well, and now with two more platforms (PSP and PS3) to exploit, I think 428 will stay ahead for a while now.


Oh? I thought that 428 was only releasing in November.

The PSP and PS3 versions have been out since September. The Wii version is almost hitting a year now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Hed



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1607
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
What?! Wow, I must have seriously misread some news articles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 656

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
SXAniMedia wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
I approve of the awesomely suggestive blu-ray cover of K-ON! Cool


I agree wholeheartedly Wink


I third it. Smile


Going to go ahead an say the exact opposite, because that's what I came here to do. Definitely way down there as covers go, and that's coming from someone who thinks Lucky Star looks awful, but had good DVD covers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kyaa the Catlord



Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
I don't like the cover on this one when I contrast it to the others, partially due to the fact that Mugi x Mio is like implausible. Mugi x Yui I can see, maybe even Mugi x Ritsu, but Mio's unlikely. Mio x Ritsu is easy, Mio x Azusa is teh sexy kitty lovefest but with Mugi? Not gonna happen. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mario1234567



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 612

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
You guys are freaks........................................................................ I must agree that cover is epic..................Damn. And why didn't Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei get a Blu-Ray Release? SHAFT! What in the Hell is going on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kaioshin_Sama



Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 948

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
always nice to see K-on! on top of the blueray sales

yay for Hayate being in the top 5, with all the good sales for the 2nd season of the anime I really hope they decide to make a season 3.


Don't you mean always expected? Then again this almost seems like a step down in sales for the hit pink box blu-ray collection that is K-On.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 12766
Location: NZL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quote
CANAAN's at number three? That show stank. Even the action was nothing special, which in an action show is kind of a Bad Thing.

But at least Bakemonogatari has managed to stay in the top ten. Now there's a show that has thoroughly earned its sales figures. I suppose there is some fairness in the Anime industry after all. However, is it too much to wish for that the entertainment business is a meritocracy? Guess so, sadly. At least we have one bit of good news.

So K-ON's at number one, huh. Well, I'm not surprised, but I would have liked to be. Of course, everyone knows how I fell about Moe, so I'll avoid the usual diatribe.

Lastly, I really keep on underestimating how well the Dragonball franchise performs in bed in DVD sales. Ah nostalgia, so bad and yet so good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group