• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Wolf GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Paper is very thin.

Well isn't that the understatement of the century? Seriously, it's so thin, it puts Tokyopop's thin paper well into perspective. I don't think I've seen newspaper printed on paper this thin!
Anyway, I'm like a third through it, it kinda feels like such a dinosaur even though it was made recently. It's still pretty decent, though it keeps reminding me of Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga at times with some of the tropes it uses.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Got this in a Buy 2 get 1 free deal along with VS Aliens and Kamen. Haven't cracked into any of them yet, but glad to hear Wolf is good. I definitely like its style. The paper quality is not the greatest, but I really like what Gen is doing, bringing over small indie manga and actually printing them, so the paper quality is easily forgiven.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quote
I like good sports anime and manga so I'll pay $5 for almost 450 pages of manga in digital form just based on this review that sound reasonable to me, also it avoids the paper qaulity issue.

Edit: just tried to purchase it online, and the idiotic thing that paypal is it kicked me over to their magazine subscription page, so I emailed them about it and will have to wait for their response.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Quote:
Paper is very thin.

Well isn't that the understatement of the century?

I guess it was a cost-cutting measure? At least it's nice and white... I'm with bahamut623 in that the rest of the package and what Gen's doing make up for it.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm like a third through it, it kinda feels like such a dinosaur even though it was made recently.

According to Gen, the mangaka got his start roughly forty years ago, so he's likely working within the conventions of his earlier career.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
[quote="Princess_Irene"]
classicalzawa wrote:
Quote:
Paper is very thin.

Well isn't that the understatement of the century?

I guess it was a cost-cutting measure? At least it's nice and white... I'm with bahamut623 in that the rest of the package and what Gen's doing make up for it.

ya and the price is well worth the asking price especially the digital one
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1