• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sword Art Online Game's 1st Full Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
the anime might be going down hill but that looks like a pretty damn solid rpg in my book... aye time to import.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I love that Japan keeps making games for the PSP when the Vita has already been out for quite awhile.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quote
>it's a game about being inside a game

VIDEOGAME-CEPTION

Megiddo: Yeah, that annoys the hell out of me too. Come on, Japan, we need more Vita games.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
>it's a game about being inside a game

VIDEOGAME-CEPTION

Megiddo: Yeah, that annoys the hell out of me too. Come on, Japan, we need more Vita games.

Nice pun bro and well japan makes games for what is still selling and easy to make for in their country. I'm beginning to think the vita was bad idea...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I love that Japan keeps making games for the PSP when the Vita has already been out for quite awhile.

PSP is still the main Sony handheld in Japan... they don't really see the need to upgade since PSP does what they want (it still sells 2 to 3 times what Vita does every week). Vita is also a big middle finger to the Japanese since it doesn't play UMDs... digital distribution has never really taken off in Japan so they'd rather play their UMDs on the system instead of having digital copies. They really released Vita too early since foreigners wanted a new system.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

PSP is still the main Sony handheld in Japan... they don't really see the need to upgade since PSP does what they want (it still sells 2 to 3 times what Vita does every week). Vita is also a big middle finger to the Japanese since it doesn't play UMDs... digital distribution has never really taken off in Japan so they'd rather play their UMDs on the system instead of having digital copies. They really released Vita too early since foreigners wanted a new system.

I wouldn't have been so blunt about it but yeah that's the case and leaves people like us that want to play some of the psp umd games with the other middle finger. Hell did anyone know if you imported final fantasy III from japan on the umd it already has a English script?
captokita

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
Ah, ANOTHER game we will likely never see released here.

As for the "Why PSP and not Vita?" question, it sells. Period.

I have a PSP, I don't have, and don't plan to have, a Vita. Least not for the near future. I just wish we could get more of these text-heavy games brought over. PSP may be region free, but if you can't read it, it seriously hinders your play.

I wonder if companies like Funimation ever considered getting into the game side of things, at least for properties they license? I know NISA does both, but I'm sure there's quite the cost involved in there, but if the fans of the series would buy them, might be too big a risk to take. Shame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1