• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-11-11

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote
Oh, there are girls that are not opposed to seeing up the skirts of female figures?! Where have they been hiding? Laughing jk of course.

Personally, why get a figure that tries to obscure or hide the panties when the character is obviously supposed to be wearing a skirt? For example, I got a figure of Mint from Galaxy Angel once and only after I took her out of the box did I notice that this was a cheap figure where they didn't bother the model the inside of the skirt. It just looks so unnatural and cheap that I had to put her back in the box and store her away. I don't know why would you want an item which is obviously made for looking at if it is not accurate and... well... nice to look at.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 am Reply with quote
I have the figure of Aka Onda from rec, based on the cover of manga vol. 1. Her towel is removable, but the nipples are covered with band-aids. Looks better with the towel on, anyway. And she's wearing panties. Cute and sexy.

The Atelier Sai figures of Kaname and Tessa getting undressed out of their school uniforms, on the other hand, seem a bit too skeevy. Then again there was the hot springs episode. Still, I prefer Tessa in military uniform. The Monsieur Bome FMP figure set seems to be the only one with her dressed like that.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quote
I think all this fanservice ecchiness gives anime and anime fans a bad name. Non-fans think that it's all about ogling half-naked little girls.
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
I think all this fanservice ecchiness gives anime and anime fans a bad name. Non-fans think that it's all about ogling half-naked little girls.

Well, they keep on doing since 1978, where Mazinger's Sayaka had her first shower scene Very Happy
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 am Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
evilnekohilda wrote:
Totally been there Anime hyper

A great example being any/all figures for Kodomo no Jikan... lol.

Hey some people like 9 year old poon... T.T

I'd prefer a figurine of Aoki-sensei myself.

I'd prefer a Boin Houin-sensei figure, myself, but....

I just started collecting figures--I got myself two sweet Revoltechs at the last convention I went to. I was fascinated with the joints for a whole week! I can't see myself collecting PVCs, though. With a Revoltech, you can pose and accessorize it as you wish, and do all kinds of stuff (like have EVA 01 in a knife fight with the ARX-7 Arbalest while Gurren Lagann is sneaking up behind Asuka Langley to goose her). I think that the most I'll ever do is either purchase a Revoltech Fraulein (Pocco looks interesting, if it weren't for her joint-weakness in her knees--I hear that all of the models keep falling apart), or go with human Figmas (Hi, Saber and Yotsuba!).

I do feel for Paula and Nina, though--sometimes, things on anime look so weird, they might give you a bad image. Like all those Evangeline covers on the Negima manga, or Aoi's half-naked poses on Aoi Yori Aoshi's covers.[/u]

EDIT: Fixed strikethrough for you ~Zalis
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
That one is so cute it hurts. Not trashy in the slightest.

*scribbles down on wish list. It's Osaka. 'Nuff said.

Hmm. I'd be very happy if the AzuDa figures are being re-released. Can't say how happy I'd be if they were.

Nothing sucks worse than finding a series, liking it, then trying to buy merchandise only to be greeted with the "Gaijin, you're way, way too late to buy this product, which flew off the shelves 2 days after the series aired on Japanese television."
Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
I think all this fanservice ecchiness gives anime and anime fans a bad name.

No, fans pointing out other fans gives anime a bad name.

Quote:
Non-fans think that it's all about ogling half-naked little girls cartoon characters.

I know one non-fan who'd disagree, and actually helps me decide which figure to get next. After all, she's gotta look at them too.

I don't doubt there are some figures out there designed specifically for sex appeal, but thank goodness not all figures are this way.

Those hell bent on calling someone a pedophile between the lines are too ignorant to understand given they've only seen 2 figures in their lifetime.

It's reason I can relate to the strip as well. Too bad there isn't a "Manga Haus" where I live. Damn shipping costs are more than the figure!!!
Anime cry
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote
Actually, that first figure reminded me of the never released OVAs (I saw photos on the internet though ^/////////^ ) where Daisuke is subjected to all sorts of torture to reveal where he gets his brooms from, including a gender change, boob enlargement, and then being covered in soapsuds. Guess the soapsuds were caustic to the clothing?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
I personally (as a guy) don't like or buy fanservice figures unless it's an obvious exception (like Yoko from Gurren Lagann, that's just how she dresses, so fair enough). I almost assumed I would never be able to get a Gantz figure since all the figures were too fanservice-y for my tastes, until Figma came out with a Reika figure with full armor on. It does depress me when a series only offers fanservice-figures, I'd like to buy an Asa figure from Shuffle for example, but the only one has her flashing her panties behind her. Sad

And of course, hilarious that Nina and Paola mention male figures, as it's insanely hard to get those (I finally got my first male PVC, Gin from Gintama, ordered and on the way! Very Happy Also Feldt and Christina from Gundam 00 are ordered as well!).
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
(like Yoko from Gurren Lagann, that's just how she dresses, so fair enough)

Mhm. I'm just glad I've got my Yoko-figure-collecting compulsion under control. Been stable at five figures for several months now. All I have to do is hold out until RACS sells out its stock of Alter Bounty Hunter Yoko figs, and I should be in the clear.
ZeroGee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote
I want a Hilda the broom witch figure! Very Happy

What?

Seriously, those kind of figures sell, so obviously they are made. (No I dont have any of them Wink )
Quark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Quark wrote:

Hmm. I'd be very happy if the AzuDa figures are being re-released. Can't say how happy I'd be if they were.

Nothing sucks worse than finding a series, liking it, then trying to buy merchandise only to be greeted with the "Gaijin, you're way, way too late to buy this product, which flew off the shelves 2 days after the series aired on Japanese television."
:evil

Then you might be interested to know that there's also a Sakaki bathing suit figure on Hobby Link Japan as well. With bewbs and everything.
But I totally feel your pain about this. The same thing happened when I finally watched Kanon and discovered just how adorable Makoto was. And then I found pictures of this very sweet figure of her, and was super excited...until I found out that they were out of print, sold out, and there weren't even any on ebay, and if there were, they were overpriced bootlegs. Bitter, bitter tears were wept that day.
But for some reason, they do re-releases of figures, or just randomly release figures of older shows. Just recently I've seen figures of Bakuretsu Hunter! (I thought everyone had forgotten about this show) Nadia, AzuDai and I *think* Dirty Pair. So if you keep an eye out, you might find figures of older shows. Let's hope someone does a re-release of Makoto.

Kimiko - we're not giving fans a bad name, and it's not like we're intentionally ogling the figures. It's just that you cannot help but see their underpants when taking them out of the packaging, so if it's unavoidable, and perfectly harmless, why not have a good laugh and take a proper peek?
Fake Alias

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quote
I dont get it... What made them frown? Did they find a figure of that "Hilda" girl.. Or are they just mad cause they dont have boobs worth highlighting?
jenthehen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Quark wrote:

:evil

Then you might be interested to know that there's also a Sakaki bathing suit figure on Hobby Link Japan as well. With bewbs and everything.
But I totally feel your pain about this. The same thing happened when I finally watched Kanon and discovered just how adorable Makoto was. And then I found pictures of this very sweet figure of her, and was super excited...until I found out that they were out of print, sold out, and there weren't even any on ebay, and if there were, they were overpriced bootlegs. Bitter, bitter tears were wept that day.
But for some reason, they do re-releases of figures, or just randomly release figures of older shows. Just recently I've seen figures of Bakuretsu Hunter! (I thought everyone had forgotten about this show) Nadia, AzuDai and I *think* Dirty Pair. So if you keep an eye out, you might find figures of older shows. Let's hope someone does a re-release of Makoto.

Kimiko - we're not giving fans a bad name, and it's not like we're intentionally ogling the figures. It's just that you cannot help but see their underpants when taking them out of the packaging, so if it's unavoidable, and perfectly harmless, why not have a good laugh and take a proper peek?

Just so you know, there aren't any bootleg versions of Max Factory's Makoto out there. Don't expect to pay less than about $150 for her on ebay, though Wink
animefan1238

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
if i had money to get figuerines then i would have a good number of them, but the question would be where would i put all of them in my small room. i love the embarrasment of those two at the end i laughed. i thought i was out but i got pulled right in.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote
animefan1238 wrote:
if i had money to get figuerines then i would have a good number of them, but the question would be where would i put all of them in my small room. i love the embarrasment of those two at the end i laughed. i thought i was out but i got pulled right in.

Trust me ... you find room @___@
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6