• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: M.O.V.E's Yuri Gets Married, Expects First Child

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maryohki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quote
Awww! I'm happy for her. I just really hope she doesn't have any trouble with enraged crazy fanboys.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:29 am Reply with quote
Huh. Maybe I shoulda gone to that concert at ACen.
OtakuOtoko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
First High & Mighty Color come to ACen. Then Maaki the the female vocalist announces that she is getting married and is pregnant after ACen. Now Yuri from M.O.V.E.? ACen is cursed. Any female preformer that comes to ACen will get married and expect a kid after they preform there. The only female music act that didn't get affected so far is HalCali. Kinda scary... But, I do wish Maaki and Yuri the best!

My dreams are being crushed slowly but surely...
cetriya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quote
maybe I should includ Acen in my con list since they're hitting up a good number of bands
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quote
I just don't understand why so many Japanese celebrities end up with 12-gauges. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Maryohki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:

It was pretty good. I went. The only problem was that there was some sort of issue with the audio system, which made the vocals kind of hard to hear. =<. They tried to fix it during the opening act and during the (ridiculously extended) break between bands, but you could still barely hear the vocals, even for M.O.V.E. This combined with us being exhausted caused my friend and I to leave after just one song (lucky for us they played our favorite first). Wish I could've stayed longer, though.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote
Y'know I was totally confused by the heading. I wondered if "yuri" could marry. LOL.

I never heard of this group. Congrats to her and her future family. I'm curious to learn more information about how Japanese enter into marriage. I mean "family registry". Interesting term.
OtakuOtoko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Maryohki wrote:
Otaku_X wrote:

It was pretty good. I went. The only problem was that there was some sort of issue with the audio system, which made the vocals kind of hard to hear. =<. They tried to fix it during the opening act and during the (ridiculously extended) break between bands, but you could still barely hear the vocals, even for M.O.V.E. This combined with us being exhausted caused my friend and I to leave after just one song (lucky for us they played our favorite first). Wish I could've stayed longer, though.

Did you go to Friday's concert or Saturday's? I don't remember them having technical issues at Fridays concert....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1