• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Record of Agarest War Receives a Simultaneous Release on the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® in Spri

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting a long time for the PS3 version to come to America and to find out that the reason behind the delay was so America can get the 360 version(which I did not expect because of that use of the underwear). I'm still getting the PS3 and I read on a different website that the PS3 version is supposed to have like all of the dlc from the 360 version like the extra dungeons, and extra cutscenes. Plus guaranteed to have trophies. I feel like America is actually getting the best version of a Japanese game that usually wouldn't be in America in the 1st place even if the only downside is it's a downloadable title for America. But of course Spring when i'll be playing Star Ocean, White Knight, Ar Tonelico 3, Final Fantasy XIII(maybe if I am in the mood for it), Resonance of Fate, and so on.
Arctix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote
ahh im in despair. i wish they released a physical copy of it. im a collector and i would like to have that on my video game shelf... sigh.. o well its better then non thing i guess. but cant wait for it. i read some where that the 360 version is going to have a retail release. is that true??
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:35 am Reply with quote
Arctix wrote:
ahh im in despair. i wish they released a physical copy of it. im a collector and i would like to have that on my video game shelf... sigh.. o well its better then non thing i guess. but can't wait for it. i read some where that the 360 version is going to have a retail release. is that true??

Even if it is true it wouldn't make any sense unless it's like them saying oh well the PS3 version has been in the works for the Playstation Network for all of this time but now that we got our hands on the 360 version we can actually make a retail version. Then there will be fans who will be like well why not make the PS3 version retail too because it's unfair to wait all of this time? I smell another delay if Aksys really does plan to make the Xbox 360 version a retail copy and the PS3 not.
Arctix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
yeah i found another article about it and ps3 is only on the network and 360 is retail.. this is sad :/ i wounder if its because of cost.. o well. still be a great game. i saw the japanese trailer for this game and one of the female characters is revealing i wonder if there going to censor it..hmm.. unless its really a male character.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quote
Arctix wrote:
yeah i found another article about it and ps3 is only on the network and 360 is retail.. this is sad :/ i wounder if its because of cost.. o well. still be a great game. i saw the japanese trailer for this game and one of the female characters is revealing i wonder if there going to censor it..hmm.. unless its really a male character.

I haven't seen the Japanese trailer in a long time but I do know that the Xbox 360 version shows like actual underwear because when they made the PS3 version they didn't really even think about it on that particular scene but then when they made the 360 version they were like oh yeah this scene would look so much better if we revealed her underwear. But to be honest though i'm not sounding like a PS3 fanboy but I will say that JRPGs sell better on PS3 then 360. Like for instance if you are in a store like say Gamestop I would see more people buying the PS3 version of Record of Agarest War then the 360 version. It's great though to give fans the option of 360 or PS3 to help more Americans to play Record of Agarest War but I think it's either both available in stores or both download only not 1 version be downloadable and the other will be in stores. But honestly though I've only seen 1 source say that about the 360 version being a retail copy out of every source i've read so it's hard to say if it's true and Spring is still a little ways off so anything can change from now till then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1