• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Box Office, October 3-4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Vesperia was also just released for PlayStation 3 in Japan. In fact, it's first week of release, the PS3 port outsold every single Xbox 360 game release's life time to date sales in Japan Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Considering Vesperia for the PS3 has a TON of new stuff that are not featured in the Xbox, it's not that surprising. Now if we can only get the PS3 version here in the U.S. And then maybe some company like Bandai could license the movie and cross-promoted with the PS3 game
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I noticed both this site and Box Office Mojo don't get the weekend numbers in until at least a month later.

Is Cinemanavi.co.jp considered an unreliable source, because it has the most recent weekend's top 10 in English and seems to have the order exactly the same as Box Office Mojo a month later?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
20th Century Boys movie 3 is still in theaters in Japan? I thought it has finished there.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
It was there in the weekend of October 3-4.

I imagine by now its run has passed.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I noticed both this site and Box Office Mojo don't get the weekend numbers in until at least a month later.

Is Cinemanavi.co.jp considered an unreliable source, because it has the most recent weekend's top 10 in English and seems to have the order exactly the same as Box Office Mojo a month later?

The ranking orders are actually different between Cinemanavi.co.jp and Box Office Mojo, since they have different ways of polling the numbers. For example, during the October 3-4 weekend, the Kamui Gaiden film was #2 on Cinemanavi.co.jp but Box Office Mojo lists it at #3.

During the September 19-20 weekend, the third 20th Century Boys film was #2 on Cinemanavi.co.jp but Box Office Mojo lists it at #1.

The other difference is that Cinemanavi.co.jp doesn't post the actual box office money numbers that each movie earned, just the ranking order.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1