• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does Anybody Have Heard Of "Ninja Ryu Kenden"?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Gengar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I have a videotape of the japanese version of the anime entiled (loosely in japanese) "Ninja Ryu Kenden". It is about ninja named Ryu Kenden who in the start of the movie kills these creatures that wear white mask and have blades from the top of the hands. Well these creatures are being control from a guy that looks like Kosmos Kramer (Sienfield) and ultimately the scientist (Kosmos Kramer) gets killed by the main bad guy (who is blond) and he transformed to a green monster with bones on his back. These creatures were lab experiments created by the scientist. Also it involves Ivy (Ryu's sister), a former police officer who is now a detective who is investigating the mystery and a big strong guy. I hope this helps and my question is what is the japanese translation so I can check it out on this website and see if it is available in DVD. Plus, as I mentioned before it is in japanese with no english subtitles. I hope anyone can help me. Take care and aloha.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:49 pm Reply with quote
From page 390-391 of _The Anime Encyclopedia_

Enlish title: _Tales of the Ninja Ryuken_. Derived from the video game known as "Ninja Gaiden" in the U.S. AFAIK it has never been officially released in English, though so *much* has been brought over that I may well have missed it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1