• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which manga series would you really like to see as an anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 am Reply with quote
Personally for me it would be World Embryo, Defense Devil, +Anima, 1/2 Prince and Witch Hunter (Cho Jung-man). What manga do YOU think should, ney i say it DESERVE to be an anime? *insert more fanboy rant here* And which animes would you think needs a remake? and why?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for more anime adaptations of Yuu Watase's manga. The only two series to get the treatment are two of her older ones and she's become a much stronger storyteller since then. In particular, I think Alice 19th would be perfect for a 13 episode anime. However, given the amount of time that has passed, I think it is unlikely to happen now Sad

At least I'm pretty sure Genbu Kaiden will get adapted once it finishes, since they do love milking the Fushigi Yuugi franchise for all its worth (hence all those fairly dreadful OVAs).
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see: Pluto, Oresama Teacher, and Kaze Hikaru.

Pluto: Great story and characters, not to mention that its dark and gritty vibes would appeal to Western audiences.

Oresama Teacher: Also has great characters and humor (at least to me). The romance aspect takes a backseat most of the time to friendship and comedy.

Kaze Hikaru: Just started reading this a few days ago and was kinda surprised that there wasn't an anime, I mean stuff with the Shinsengumi seem to be everywhere now lol.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
The TC should mention why too y'know.

Anyway, I would adore a Banana Fish anime. But it's gotta be complete, anything half-way won't do it. And there's even side material for side OVAs, ha! But yeah, it's a fantastic story and I think the already awesome in the manga action scenes could benefit from being animated. I mean, heck, as is the action scenes are practically story boards they're so clear! I'm actually confused as to why this doesn't already have one, it was hugely popular in Japan, so what gives? You don't beat Black Jack in a popularity poll that easily y'know!
Jon182

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
I would like to see a Vagabond adaptation, but I’m not sure they could pull it off. The source material seems well suited for anime, but a lot of the appeal has to do with the artwork, which might not translate well to the screen. I just shudder everytime I think of the Blade of the Immortal anime.

I would also like to see an adaptation of Iron Wok Jan. I think it could work well, due to the popularity of iron chef and other cooking shows.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
Kare First Love

It deserves it so much. Probably my favorite pure high school romance manga. It has more sex than usual in it (nothing hardcore or anything), though, so I'm guessing that's why it never got animated. It was pretty popular in Japan to get a radio drama.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quote
I'd really love to see Mikimoto's Macross The First animated. It's pretty interesting take on the original series. I particularly like seeing current (2009 as this is when the original Macross takes place) rather than early 1980's technology and fashion incorporated into the series.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I've got a good idea for a manga series to be done as an anime. It's called "Gun Blaze West" and I found it to be pretty good. This was also done by the same guy who did "Rurouni Kenshin." I'd love to see this goofball manga animated just to see what the animators do with it. I hope they do that someday. I'd love to see it.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I know the creator already said he wasn't going to make an anime for this one but I'd have to say Yotsuba&!, I know I know, Azuma-san doesn't want this to get animated and I respect his wishes however I do wish it could get animated. Yotsuba&! was the very first manga I have ever read and it has a special place in my heart, and it's kind of sad to think it'll never get animated. But hey, as long as the book series is still going on I'm gonna support it anime or no anime! Anime hyper

Last edited by yotsubafanfan on Thu May 30, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Digital Dragon wrote:
+Anima

^^This. +Anima was one of my first manga along with Fruba and I've always thought it would make a really fun little anime series. There's a bunch of action and adventure stuff that would be neat to see animated, and the +Animas' transformations would be really cool.

I would really like to see an anime for 20th Century Boys. Not movies, but an anime series. Monster got a really great anime adaptation, and I think this series is, if anything, even more conducive to an anime format. It's more visual and happens on more of a grand, climactic scale, if that makes sense.

I want High School Debut to get an anime series^^ It's one of my favorite shoujo manga, and I think it has a lot of energy and a likeable heroine that would work in its favor.

And I suppose I'll use this as a venue to complain about Fruits Basket needing a proper anime adaptation, one that covers the entire manga and doesn't cut out important dramatic scenes in favor of stupid slapstick. Also, an adaptation that doesn't look moderately worse than a Powerpoint with a lot of gifs in it. Razz
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Just thought of two other ones which are both series by Matsuri Hino:

Meru Peri: This would be perfect for a 12 or 13 episode series and it would actually have an ending since it's only 4 volumes. It has a great mix of drama and humor.

Wanted: Obviously when she (hopefully) goes back to it since there's only one volume. A shojo with pirates? Sign me up for that!
popomoha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Put a reason. -TK]
Nenorock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I'd die laughing if they made a zombie powder OVA or 2
RGaspar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
I'm still rooting for a proper adaptation of Ikkitousen and Tenhjo Tenge. Both series have some real nice style and the story is always better in the long run that what it seems at first.

And now I have a new challenger: Nausicaa of the valley of the wind. Just one movie doesn't cut it. It'd be super nice to see an adaptation as 3 or 4 big budget anime films, there's a lot of story to cover and it's quite visual and begging to be animated.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
This one is mostly just out of personal love for the series, but I'd absolutely love to see Angel Densetsu animated. I have no idea if the art style would lend itself at ALL to an anime, or if the writing would work very well with the medium (lots of stuff that happens is just characters standing having long, verbose monologues inside their own heads) but it would allow me to show it to more friends, and that's enough for me.

Another one is Nisekoi. This one I think would work well as an ongoing series, since the mostly self-contained nature of the arcs could work well for episode plots.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5