• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2009 Pokémon Film on U.S. Cartoon Network Today

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
12 movies is a little much

Shin Chan has had 17, One Piece is on number 10, and Doreamon had had Lord only knows how many...For a franchise this successful, 12 is a reasonable number...I imagine you're thinking of Naruto's impending 6th and Bleach's recent 3rd, but despite their popularity here, Pokemon has more of a worldwide fanbase.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:

Shin Chan has had 17, One Piece is on number 10, and Doreamon had had Lord only knows how many...For a franchise this successful, 12 is a reasonable number...I imagine you're thinking of Naruto's impending 6th and Bleach's recent 3rd, but despite their popularity here, Pokemon has more of a worldwide fanbase.

your right, that's so very true. And especaily for kids, they enjoy Pokemon.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:

your right, that's so very true. And especaily for kids, they enjoy Pokemon.

well i've been into it sine day 1 and i'm no kid by a long shot.and some people who were in those age catagorys said it got them into anime during the late 90's when it was still booming, though I was into anime long before pokemania struck.

Also just how many Doreamon movies are there??? Cause they cant be as much as in case closed,though the amount of movies crayon shin chan has (17?) is really kinda nuts.

and it doesn't really matter how much movies are there in a series,alongs as it's good right???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Its nice to know that there is a still a pokemon franchise afternearly 15 years. I am old now compared to most of pokemons fans now. I actually realized the other day while walking my younger brother to the bus stop that I was into pokemon and all of that over a decade ago, before my little brother and his friends were even born. I still love the series and I play the games (Except I haven't played Diamond or Pearl =P). ITs just strange and kind of nice to know that I share a common interest with someone ten years my junior.

Its also hard to explain to younger generations just how popular pokemon was in the first few years here in america. I remember skipping school to see the First Movie in Theaters and being completely blown away. Oh how the time flies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2