• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Sekirei, Tetsuwan Birdy Decode & Decode:02

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
What's that smell? The smell of cheap licenses? It couldn't be Laughing

It's not just you that senses that and it's actually a really good thing too. Hopefully the cheaper it is the less time it'll take for them to be released in the US which means less fansubs.

Also kinda susprised funi licensed sekirei. Cause it's ecchi and it has fanservice to ah my buddha was postive that media blasters would license it since they licensed queens blade and the rest of ikkitousen. it's a good thing they license sekirei cause thay way I dont have to worry if it's gonna get the sub only treatment like some of the licenses by MB.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K.o.R

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Seljuk wrote:

The fabric of time and space just tore a little. You would buy a sub? (Happy to hear it! Wink )

Well they did just turn the LHC on. Maybe it's Mario from Bizarro-world. Check for an evil goatee.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Looking up the OVA I think I'd rather given that a go then this. The OVA designs look great and the plot, though similar, the protagonist doesn't appear to be so pathetic. Decode looks like a bad knock off, like Tenchi in Tokyo.

Maybe, I thought Tsutomu was about the same in both, but Birdy is a bit more bitchy and callous in the OVA. I guess there's also the issue of whether or not one likes the air-headed pop-idol persona Birdy uses to earn money in Decode.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
If that got license I'd buy it. I don't expect it to get dubbed so dubbed or subbed I'd buy it.... YOU HEAR THAT SENTAI Now is your chance to win money from me.
Who are you and what have you done with the dub-loving Mario I know and love! Wink

hussar67 wrote:
The FMP issue I'm most concerned with is when/if TokyoPop will restart releasing the novels! If TokyoPop can't/won't continue releasing the FMP novels, I hope another publisher would pick up the license.
It would be nice if those continued but I'm not holding my breath for Tokyopop to do it. Which sucks 'cause they were doing a good job.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I just noticed that the news report did not mention anything about the Birdy Decode Cipher OVA which sits chronologically between the first and second season of decode.

I hope they get it...
roesnail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote
funi- can you please hold off on getting new shows and finish the shows you started. i would really like tokyo acid and kei next to my other tsubasa and holic dvds.
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote
roesnail wrote:
funi- can you please hold off on getting new shows and finish the shows you started. i would really like tokyo acid and kei next to my other tsubasa and holic dvds.

Just passing along the info that got me to stop hounding Funi to complete the seasons for Geneon rescues. Don't know if this is still the case, but explains one reason why we haven't seen any announcements:

"Geneon Japan is merging with Universal. So, essentially, all the second seasons from Geneon can't be licensed because the management, ect has to work their stuff out. WHo knows how long that will take...

Here is the topic from AoD:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=94656

more specifically:
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1602283&postcount=102

"Funi mentioned it at a panel, this guy was just summarizing what was said. hope it helps.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I wonder when the Birdy series is gonna be on DVD soon?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6