• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Leiji Matsumoto Settles Suit over Plagiarism Claim

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I guess you can make that 6, Yoko Kanno is incredible and all but some of her Ghost in the Shell work is blatant rip off from Bjork.

Proman wrote:

I already told you about "Words that We Couldn't Say" - that's wholesale plagarism. So is the opening theme to "Escaflowne" that is "wholesale" take on Adiemus's self-titled track.

Are you sure when you're talking about Adiemus' song you aren't referring to Record of Lodoss War's OP? Kiseki no umi (奇跡の海)
by Maaya Sakamoto? I always thought it was more a rip off.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
For the record, I have a fairly good tonal ear, and I once sat through some twenty to thirty minutes' worth of YouTube videos holding Kanno's supposed "rip-offs" against the "originals." Out of the thirty or so songs mentioned, I found one, maybe two, that one could maybe make a possible case for...the rest were just flat-out laughable. Until someone comes up with far more concrete proof than that, I see no reason to take such claims seriously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2