• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Priest Movie Pushed Up to Late Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quote
Can't tell whether or not that means Sony has confidence in the product.
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
Well... I don't know anything about the original story but what I've seen/read about this film sounds good so I'm optimistic about it. Plus a bump on schedule towards the summer is a good thing IMHO since that period is the best seller ticket-wise.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
According to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, the film version "is set in a world ravaged by war between man and vampire." Bettany stars as a priest hunting down vampires who have kidnapped his niece.

Oh Lord, I've sworn off forums for a month for my own sanity's sake, but someone who's read the manwha has to say it: this is not the plot of Priest! There are no vampires, he doesn't have a niece... what the hell? Where are the fallen angels? The zombies? The murdered love-of-his-life who spoiler[was then resurrected as zombie that he had to kill]? I can't help but think this is Hollywood caving to the whole vampire craze that Twilight ignited. I mean, come on! Changes are one thing (this series is really long and isn't finished, so you'd have to), but give it a different title if you're going to completely boot the entire original premise and substitute a new one!
Alucalb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
I can't help but think this is Hollywood caving to the whole vampire craze that Twilight ignited.

Sadly, this has been the plot for the movie before Twilight even came out.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Alucalb wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
I can't help but think this is Hollywood caving to the whole vampire craze that Twilight ignited.

Sadly, this has been the plot for the movie before Twilight even came out.

My hope is that we're just not getting the full story: that the vampires are servants of Temozarella, and the niece was included in addition to Gena because they felt it was just too darn grim without a person to save (as opposed to a Roaring Rampage of Revenge). Because otherwise, this won't even vaguely resemble Priest.

Also, Min-Woo Hyung - please finish writing the series!

(and now you won't see me for another month, adios)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1