• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2010 Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl Film's New Teaser Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quote
YES! This one looks epic. I am so glad that Raikou will be appearing for the first time. And its nice to see Entei and Suicune again. Celebi, not really. And that fake Ash looks kinda cool.

But what happened to Ho-Oh and Lugia?
darcerin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
So I guess Mewtwo and Lugia are left out on this one Sad Oh well, I can deal. I love Cerebii and Suicune, so this will be a fun movie.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
I am so glad that Raikou will be appearing for the first time.

While not in any of the movies, Raikou was the focus in his own three-episode special, which is known here as the first three episodes of Pokemon Chronicles.

As for Lugia & Ho-Oh, I don't particularly mind their absence, but it would've been one epic movie if they were there. Now that I think about it, Ho-Oh has never been featured in a Pokemon movie, despite having appeared in the TV series.
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
Whoaaaaaa!

Nostalgia trip for Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I APPROVE.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:

While not in any of the movies, Raikou was the focus in his own three-episode special, which is known here as the first three episodes of Pokemon Chronicles.

As for Lugia & Ho-Oh, I don't particularly mind their absence, but it would've been one epic movie if they were there. Now that I think about it, Ho-Oh has never been featured in a Pokemon movie, despite having appeared in the TV series.

Hm, I thought that Lugia and Ho-oh were both featured in the first Movie 13 teaser some time ago. Either they're keeping hush-hush, or they scrapped the idea...?
kk2extreme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Lugia has its own movie back in 2000. I would love to see ho-oh and see what it can do. It is sad to see with each sucessive movies, legendary pokemons seems to be getting nerf. Case in point, mewtwo was godlike in the first movie and nobody could even come closed to touch it. After that, all the other featuring pokemon is getting hurt one way or the other. I mean even arceus is shown getting hurt multiple times Crying or Very sad

If this movie put all the legendary pokemons in a free for all battle to determine the best of the best. It would make my day Wink
The Anagelic One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:

Hm, I thought that Lugia and Ho-oh were both featured in the first Movie 13 teaser some time ago. Either they're keeping hush-hush, or they scrapped the idea...?
In one of the trailer for the 3rd movie, it had Mewtwo. Past trailers for films do have footage/concepts/Pokemon that don't end up in the finished product.

So for Lugia and Ho-oh, they re either not in it, or they're saving them for an announcement in March (The same time they announce Shaymin and Arceus for their movie roles in the 11 and 12th films)
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote
This one looks totally EPIC. Very Happy
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Wow! now this looks amazingly epic! and...IS THAT CELEBI I SEE!? Celebi returns! yaaaaaaaaay! I APPROVE!!! MUST SEE!!! But wasn't a movie featuring both Ho-oh and Lugia confirmed recently? Or is this it?
kk2extreme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
YES! This one looks epic. I am so glad that Raikou will be appearing for the first time. And its nice to see Entei and Suicune again. Celebi, not really. And that fake Ash looks kinda cool.

spoiler[I think that is red after you beat elite four and has a lvl 81 pikachu at the very first turn.] Good time.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
The dark/evil Ash thing is pretty cool, I guess that is either the villain or a Pokemon. Either way it's intriguing. Here's to hoping they don't scrap that idea for the actual movie. I like that the three beasts will all be in the same movie together, though I was really looking forward to a Ho-oh finally getting some real movie time. Oh well, better luck next twelve years.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote
Ok, an Evil/Dark Ash, now that will be epic!
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:24 am Reply with quote
kk2extreme wrote:
It is sad to see with each sucessive movies, legendary pokemons seems to be getting nerf. Case in point, mewtwo was godlike in the first movie and nobody could even come closed to touch it. After that, all the other featuring pokemon is getting hurt one way or the other. I mean even arceus is shown getting hurt multiple times Crying or Very sad

Not Quite. He actually got hurt once when mew send his shadow ball back at him. I should now cause i watched it free on pay per view like a thousand times. also in the present no one could touch arceus. and neither did shaymin in it's sky forme.

kk2extreme wrote:
If this movie put all the legendary pokemons in a free for all battle to determine the best of the best. It would make my day Wink
CHRIPES!! Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. In a good way that is cause if every legendary was there in an all out battle royal it would be beyond epic. however you also have to consider the 5th generation and it's possiblilties.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:33 am Reply with quote
I'm down with a dark Ash. I know i'm ahead of myself but I want to own this. (and the other old movies). Do they by any chance release the Pokemon movies with subs? I know there are some movies that aren't bootlegs that get subs.

I just...I just can't stand his English voice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I'm down with a dark Ash. I know i'm ahead of myself but I want to own this. (and the other old movies). Do they by any chance release the Pokemon movies with subs? I know there are some movies that aren't bootlegs that get subs.

I just...I just can't stand his English voice.

come on. his dub voice aint that bad. at least his sub dont sound a little girly. Sure i was pissed off that miss veronica wasnt VA as Satoshi anymore but the nee one aint that bad and at least PUSA is using the original Japanese script unlike 4kids
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2