• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beck's Sakuishi to Launch Seven Shakespeare Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronium

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
So that was the research that delayed an issue of Beck near the very end of the series but anyways I can't wait to read this I love his work.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Live action Beck?

I wonder if they will finally show them hit in America.
Lenks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool. I've read all of these stories except for Hamlet. I can't wait for this.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope Sakuishi did the same level of research here that he did in Beck. I'm amazed how he portrayed all Americans as violent and vulgar. Not to mention the amount of huge African Americans that always carried guns.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Beck, I know Tokyopop lost the license. Any word on if/when they'll continue to publish the manga in the states?

The Seven Shakespeare manga sounds interesting!
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Okay... did not foresee this turn of events. Sounds interesting. Hopefully, this title is licensed in English someday. The most likely publisher to publish it would be Viz Media given it is being published by Shogakukan in Japan. This wpuld also mean a higher probability of the series not being discontinued (as Tokyopop did with Beck) and not waiting 5-6 months between releases (CMX, Del Ray I am not meaning to be offensive to these publishers, but for a fan of their series, the waits could be excruciating).
chronium

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Shocked Okay... did not foresee this turn of events. Sounds interesting. Hopefully, this title is licensed in English someday. The most likely publisher to publish it would be Viz Media given it is being published by Shogakukan in Japan. This wpuld also mean a higher probability of the series not being discontinued (as Tokyopop did with Beck) and not waiting 5-6 months between releases (CMX, Del Ray I am not meaning to be offensive to these publishers, but for a fan of their series, the waits could be excruciating).

Well if you want to be accurate it was Kodansha that discontinued Beck not Tokyopop. TP had no say in the matter they were just not allowed to renew there license.
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote
A manga about Shakespeare. Huh. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I wonder what he's going to do with it?

But Hiro and Beck, together? Two of my favorite things. *lets out fangirl squeal* Ahem. Anyway, that should be exciting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1