• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tezuka, Brazilian's Joint Work Realized 20 Years Later

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
Holy Crap!

Sorry for the one-liner, don;t what else to say...I would like to see the end result. Very exciting news!
Araki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm from Brazil, and reading Mauricio's comics for all my childhood, i remember they had some sort of friendship - in particular, i never forgot when Tezuka passed away and Mauricio published an illustration with characters from both creators drawn together.

Oh, btw, a pic from 1986.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Cool news! Very Happy Hopefully this is translated into english someday, as it sounds like it would be a fun read!
sandra monte

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I´m brazilian...

One correction:
Maurício de Sousa isn´t a Disney ...

Disney of Braziç is journalist Roberto Marinho. OK?

The comment of the report is not correct.

Sandra Monte
www.papodebudega.com
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Mm, you seem to be getting something wrong here. Unless this Brazilian journalist got something wrong, and called him "Walt Disney of Brazil", back in 2004, for no reason at all.
From the same article:
Quote:
The perky, rabbit-toting 7-year-old is the creation of Brazilian cartoonist Mauricio de Sousa, whose artistry and business success have led some to call him the "Walt Disney of Brazil." With a team of 150 artists, Mauricio (as he is known) has built a cartoon empire that boasts a 75 percent share of the children's publishing market in Brazil, with 1 billion comics and books sold to date. Mauricio de Sousa Productions publishes storybooks, activity books, giant and mini comics, and sticker albums; produces television programs and animated films; and owns two theme parks. Monica and her neighborhood friends are just a handful of the 200 or so Mauricio characters used in some 3,500 licensed products manufactured by 150 companies throughout Brazil.

Edit: Fixed the quote.

Last edited by egoist on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
machetecat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow... that's fricking beautiful.

I'd buy that comic. If for no other reason than the history behind it.
Araki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:51 am Reply with quote
Heh, Roberto Marinho is more like the brazillian Rupert Murdoch. Walt Disney from Brazil is actually way more accurate.
sandra monte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Mm, you seem to be getting something wrong here. Unless this Brazilian journalist got something wrong, and called him "Walt Disney of Brazil", back in 2004, for no reason at all.
From the same article:
Quote:
The perky, rabbit-toting 7-year-old is the creation of Brazilian cartoonist Mauricio de Sousa, whose artistry and business success have led some to call him the "Walt Disney of Brazil." With a team of 150 artists, Mauricio (as he is known) has built a cartoon empire that boasts a 75 percent share of the children's publishing market in Brazil, with 1 billion comics and books sold to date. Mauricio de Sousa Productions publishes storybooks, activity books, giant and mini comics, and sticker albums; produces television programs and animated films; and owns two theme parks. Monica and her neighborhood friends are just a handful of the 200 or so Mauricio characters used in some 3,500 licensed products manufactured by 150 companies throughout Brazil.

Edit: Fixed the quote.

These numbers are interesting.
Mauricio de Sousa´s a Stan Lee of Brazil. Are two artists.

Walt produced and created Studios, Record , TVs ... Walt Disney was one of the creators of the entertainment industry. Sorry, but MS not ...

Sandra Monte
www.papodebudega.com
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1