Forum - View topic
PR: Funimation Entertainment Acquires “The Sacred Blacksmith” from Media Factory




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mario1234567



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 612

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote
More Boobies!!!

And DVD GET!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Toddler Naruto



Joined: 16 Mar 2008
Posts: 496
Location: Fair Oaks, California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, The Sacred Blacksmith looks freaking awesome, I can't wait to watch it Smile!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirikiri23



Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 130

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:
Sweet, The Sacred Blacksmith looks freaking awesome, I can't wait to watch it Smile!



Prepare to be disappointed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
egoist
Pirate KingPirate King


Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Posts: 7670

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it will have any kind of nudity in the DVD, otherwise it's not worth it. Cool
The anime is fairly good and has a somewhat unique character design, but without a second season it's just as incomplete as Superman wearing Spiderman's costume.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Kirikiri23



Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 130

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I wonder if it will have any kind of nudity in the DVD, otherwise it's not worth it. Cool
The anime is fairly good and has a somewhat unique character design, but without a second season it's just as incomplete as Superman wearing Spiderman's costume.



Yes it defiantly does
though it's an average show in all regards

They would have been better off kamfer
(which is secretly good if you know what it really is)

that or Trapeze (which is actually really good)

or seikotai which is rather funny some times or Nyan which is actually a good moe show

Arg!!! so many actually would have been better
I bet it's just cause they made samurai champloo or something
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toddler Naruto



Joined: 16 Mar 2008
Posts: 496
Location: Fair Oaks, California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:59 am Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:
Sweet, The Sacred Blacksmith looks freaking awesome, I can't wait to watch it Smile!


Prepare to be disappointed


I am not picky at all and have zero standards, so I will love it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirikiri23



Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 130

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:
Kirikiri23 wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:
Sweet, The Sacred Blacksmith looks freaking awesome, I can't wait to watch it Smile!


Prepare to be disappointed


I am not picky at all and have zero standards, so I will love it.



That's not really a good thing =/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endless-abyss



Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:
Sweet, The Sacred Blacksmith looks freaking awesome, I can't wait to watch it Smile!



Prepare to be disappointed


I sure wasn't. I thought the anime did well compared to the rest of the series that were released in 2009.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerje



Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 6208
Location: Maine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I liked Sacred Blacksmith and I do have standards. Sometimes average is good, too. Average is familiar and entertaining and doesn't leave you feeling like you wasted your time watching something you never really liked.

And yeah, I'd like to see more. Leaving it at what amounted to the end of a story arc rather than the end of a series is disappointing.

Kirikiri23 wrote:
They would have been better off kamfer
(which is secretly good if you know what it really is)


What was it really? I've heard people say that it's actually a satire and parody of a few genres, but that doesn't actually make it better or more watchable, it's still one of the worst shows of '09.

Emerje
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I liked Sacred Blacksmith and I do have standards. Sometimes average is good, too. Average is familiar and entertaining and doesn't leave you feeling like you wasted your time watching something you never really liked.

And yeah, I'd like to see more. Leaving it at what amounted to the end of a story arc rather than the end of a series is disappointing.

Kirikiri23 wrote:
They would have been better off kamfer
(which is secretly good if you know what it really is)


What was it really? I've heard people say that it's actually a satire and parody of a few genres, but that doesn't actually make it better or more watchable, it's still one of the worst shows of '09.

Emerje

Well standards are relative. I don't think any of the recent licenses are bad, but Kampfer is great, one of my faves of the year.

However, like most otaku shows, the response is expected to be polarizinig. People aren't going to think of it as averagely entertaining or just alright. Folks are either going to love it or hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kirikiri23



Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 130

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I liked Sacred Blacksmith and I do have standards. Sometimes average is good, too. Average is familiar and entertaining and doesn't leave you feeling like you wasted your time watching something you never really liked.

And yeah, I'd like to see more. Leaving it at what amounted to the end of a story arc rather than the end of a series is disappointing.

Kirikiri23 wrote:
They would have been better off kamfer
(which is secretly good if you know what it really is)


What was it really? I've heard people say that it's actually a satire and parody of a few genres, but that doesn't actually make it better or more watchable, it's still one of the worst shows of '09.

Emerje



I consider it to just be an average show with poor plotting
terribly unlikeable characters and one of the worst shows of 2009 along with 11 eyes but whatever

Kamfer definitely is self parody

Having the main male char fall in love with a lesbian ? Genius

Not knowing the mechanics of a mirror ? Impossible made to be that way

It always insulting the voice actors and other stuff like that,
It doesn't explore the concept well enough though unfortunately.

Still one of the best shows of last season

Suprised the didn't try licensing K-on though
or index that would have been good

Perhaps funimation has something against Moe though?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
It always insulting the voice actors and other stuff like that,

While everything else is more or else subjective, I think you're way off base here. Insulting the VAs?? I don't know if your disdain for it--these kinds of jokes--is just coloring your analysis but that is certainly not what's going on with all of the seiyuu reference humor.

Edit:
Maybe I misunderstood you... I suppose you mean make fun of, or using VA references for comedic purposes? Instead of the show actually trying to insult the VAs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorcas_Aurelia
Baka RangerBaka Ranger


Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 5344
Location: Philly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
Perhaps funimation has something against Moe though?

It doesn't sell nearly as well as you would expect from vocal internet fans. K-on doesn't have much that would appeal to those outside the moe fanbase, either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group