• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation: No More Big Windup! Anime to Be Licensed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gecko Moria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
Kishishishi!!!! FUNimation also said no more Case Closed multiple times. How come that doesn't get its own post? Is there favoritism going on here or did someone just wanted to post this because one of there favorite series bit the dust at retail.. If this is news why not Kodocha or Case Closed?

Big Windup is good I didn't want to give it a chance because it was baseball but I got bored and watch it in 3 different places. FUNimation Youtube/Hulu and FUNimation Video portal I realized I made a big mistake by judging it because I hate Baseball. The show was actually really really good. I will buy the box-set when it comes out I won't buy the 2 parts because if there not getting season 2 I see no point. I am a the type of fan that likes completion and getting season 1 knowing season 2 is out there is gonna urk the hell out of me. Much like Hell Girl Season 2-3, Shana 2, Nanoha, holic and so on...

Anime cost alot when there is multiple titles that come out at once but other than that its not that expensive.... Kishishishi!!!!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
m_milburn wrote:
You know renting is another option if you don't want to buy. Still...don't steal from the artist. As a guy who creates manga...I don't charge an arm and leg, but I would feel disrespected if people just swiped my manga off my artist booth without permission. If you don't buy anime, rent anime. If a particular anime hasn't been released in the USA yet, try Animelane.com or www.havsumpayshins.com

I buy a lot of anime. I don't download fansubs.
But I'm not buying as much right out of the gate. I'm waiting on more titles than I used to instead of the first more expensive product.
Big Windup was never more than a "maybe" for me.
oofuri913

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Well I am super disappointed.

I started watching this when Funimation posted the episodes on Youtube, and absolutely fell in love with the series. I was a firm believer that baseball was a boring and completely pointless sport, until I watched this show (I actually learned about baseball). I love the strategy of it, and the characters are all very interesting to watch (funny, too). Plus, the voice actors that work on this show are some of my favorites in the field, so the possibility of new actors coming in if the series is acquired by another company is rather devastating to me.

When I found out that the second season was being released, I was unbelievably happy. This is one of the few shows that I can literally watch over and over again. I purchased the first half of the first season immediately upon its release, and then I waited to get the second season (Xmas gift cards...), but I couldn't find it in the stores, which made me hopeful that they had sold out (rather than not have displayed it at all). I was sad, but at the same time encouraged that the series was doing well since I couldn't find the second half.

Clearly not the case.

Is there any hope that Funi might change their mind? This is probably my favorite anime, and I would hate to see it not get licensed and dubbed... Anime cry
CuteyHoney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote
This is upsetting. If anyone likes this show as much as me, please join the fan group on facebook.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:

I'm ONLY a manga cow because I can't afford to buy manga (no job) and I can't check out manga from my public library anymore because of a massive fee I have with them.

Once that is all taken care of, I will try my best to get all of my manga from my public library, though my library doesn't always have everything, and also usually takes awhile to get in the latest volumes/manga.

This is a time of recession. There's prob a lot more manga cows on the forum than people want to know.

Your buying habits are your own business. It's always best to know your own financial limits imo and act accordingly.

Unlike a normal manga cow, I do not read manga online.

If I cant read the manga books, I just cant read manga at all.

Anyways, my library fee will be paid off later this week, so yay I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10