• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Haruhi Cosplay and Bakemonogatari: Senjogahara Hitagi 1:8 Pre-Painted PVC Figure Now Available a

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeiyuuOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
We offer the best price compared to other shops.

This's fault advertisement. You can find this Hitagi as low as 5450 yen on a certain big site. The shipping cost is a little more expensive, too.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh King of Harts.... here's a news article with your name written all over it! And look! The price is right too!

So, grab that camera and don the Haruhi cosplay outfit! You'll even put that model to shame!

Oh dear. I need sunlight when KoH's outfits become my high point in life.
Neutral
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Oh King of Harts.... here's a news article with your name written all over it! And look! The price is right too!

So, grab that camera and don the Haruhi cosplay outfit! You'll even put that model to shame!

Oh dear. I need sunlight when KoH's outfits become my high point in life.
Neutral

Dude, you need a little more than sunlight if you're picturing me in a miniskirt. I mean, I would put that model to shame, no question, but I'm more than willing to let her have this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote
SeiyuuOtaku wrote:
Quote:
We offer the best price compared to other shops.

This's fault advertisement. You can find this Hitagi as low as 5450 yen on a certain big site. The shipping cost is a little more expensive, too.

Yeah, I'd say. I hope people research before being tricked by lines like that. 8900yen is a ridiculous price when the SRP is 6800yen! HLJ and Nihonju has the pre-order at 6460yen right now and as you pointed out (mostly) AmiAmi has it for 5450yen. All four stores are based in Japan, there is no excuse for CJS to price gouge it's customers like that. Only domestic importers have a reason to charge more than MSRP, not an honest Japan based shop.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 am Reply with quote
False advertising aside, I'm not crazy over that Hitagi figure - it doesn't appear to capture her appeal. She's smiling for one thing. And I guess that ugly base is supposed to be some sort of reference to "The Crab" but it just looks like a dorky semi-melted claw to me.

What it is it you kids say these days? Oh yes...*clears throat*... "Fail."

Oh and PJ for maliciously planting the image of KoH in Haruhi cosplay, I'll be sending you my therapist bill and as my girl Fumino from Mayoi Neko Overrun! says, "DIE TWICE!!!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1