• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto to Run Uncut on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
how much did they cut the first time?....
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

I don't know, but when Naruto was shown on Cartoon Network, it had to be edited. But seeing this news, it's a nice change to see Naruto is shown uncut on TV for the first time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
And now to hurriedly get my thoughts in before the inevitable influx of negativity against all things shonen and/or Toonami comes in, like it always does.

Can't say I saw this coming, since I figured when they said they couldn't get Shippuden, that there'd be some kind of stipulation preventing them from getting the original series as well. While I'm not sure Naruto really needs to be at the front of the block since it's technically another re-run show, not to mention it could get two eps a night if it were towards the end maybe, it is a popular one that is hopefully going to help bolster the block even higher.

It's been a while since I saw the early stuff too, and that was all edited (anime wise anyway), so this works for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Would be nice if there's 2 episodes per Saturday Night and should have been after Samurai 7. :/
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

A lot of the early episodes had blood and swearing cut that was present on the uncut DVDs. Later episodes, that aired during a later time slot, were basically uncut if they were cut at all.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow, if Shippuden has any chance on this block, it'll take quite a long time to get there...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
If officially don't care if this block dies out now. The April Fools thing was a teaser of old, classic shows that are not streaming anywhere for free and were like i said, classic. Not what I expected, or was hinted at
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
wow...just wow...die Toonami. if anything why would we hav to restart to episode 1 of Naruto? anyone who isn't a retard when it comes to anime and manga doesnt need to start over on NARUTO.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
HELL YEAH!

And why won't Disney give the airing rights to Shippuden to Adult Swim/Toonami? It's not like Disney owns it.

Sasukeuzi wrote:
wow...just wow...die Toonami. if anything why would we hav to restart to episode 1 of Naruto? anyone who isn't a retard when it comes to anime and manga doesnt need to start over on NARUTO.

Last edited by TsukasaElkKite on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little surprised by the choice, but it seems to fit with the standard of Toonami using shows that previously aired on the network. I suppose the fact that Disney has the airing rights to Shippuden kept this from being a possibility in my mind.

I guess it makes some sense to pair it up with Bleach, but it's also a lot of reruns, so it is a bit annoying to me to have it up at the front of the block.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
TheGameNinja wrote:
potatochobit wrote:

A lot of the early episodes had blood and swearing cut that was present on the uncut DVDs. Later episodes, that aired during a later time slot, were basically uncut if they were cut at all.

Later on all they cut were some blood splashes and swearing.

Kougeru wrote:
If officially don't care if this block dies out now. The April Fools thing was a teaser of old, classic shows that are not streaming anywhere for free and were like i said, classic. Not what I expected, or was hinted at

They never promised you anything. Sorry to say.
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote
i hate cuts but this is too late
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, okay. I don't understand why they would make this move given the timeslot Toonami has. Hell, they want the 18-34 male demographic. That has always been [AS] (and now Toonami since it has the same timeslots) goal. Going after uncut Naruto is a bizarre choice that does not add up at all in terms of what should be the overall goal of Toonami. If it were still airing from 3-6 pm on weekdays this would be fantastic, but pretty much everybody over 18 knows of Naruto and I'm pretty sure the majority do not want to see it from the very beginning.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a pretty good deal, hopefully some of you guys will spare another 30 minutes or so and watch some of the more obscure shows aside from the Naruto and Bleach.

It could have been a better show, but it's good enough. >_>
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
It's been about 4 years since I even watched Naruto.....I'll give it another shot why not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8