• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Adds 3rd You're Under Arrest TV, Yozakura, Tayutama

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Yozakura Quartet?? Oh man, I don't know about that one... That show was pretty rough. I couldn't make it through.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote
When they announced YUA Season 2, and the TV rights to Season 1, I figured it was only a matter of time before they announced the third season. Really nice to see it make it over here.

Not to familiar with the other two though. But it's nice to see them make their March solicitations just a few weeks after the February ones. Can't wait to see what April brings! Smile
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Yozakura Quartet?? Oh man, I don't know about that one... That show was pretty rough. I couldn't make it through.

Same goes for Tayutama. Both series were really just "meh." If you want Tayutama to be successful, bring over the visual novel Very Happy
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

Same goes for Tayutama. Both series were really just "meh." If you want Tayutama to be successful, bring over the visual novel Very Happy

Yeah, that series was a pain to sit through. Talk about your eunuch protagonists, this one is the epitome.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
What? No Mario rant yet?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

Yeah, that series was a pain to sit through. Talk about your eunuch protagonists, this one is the epitome.
Even so, I wouldn't mind having Tayutama with competent editing and styling that wasn't designed to be unreadable.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote
What, Dark Horse? YUA sells poorly, which is why you can't bring back the manga? Oh, wait, you mean 15-20 years ago. Rolling Eyes
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Wow, really middle-of-the-road releases this time, Sentai. I don't think I've seen any of them; I remember Tayutama getting terrible scores on a spring preview guide right on the site, and even though Yozakura looks like it could be entertaining, it hasn't gotten very positive reviews. The premises for both are pretty lackluster, too. I haven't seen either of the other You're Under Arrest series, and I have no desire to. Looks like I'll wait and see if Funimation announces any of the shows I've been looking for before the end of the year.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see Sentai licensing yet more anime, but I wish they would give their opinion/stance towards dubbing. I read somewhere that they have a couple projects that will be dubbed, but I'd just like to hear what they have to say about dubbing shows.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
What? No Mario rant yet?

It's coming... Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, these titles are pretty mediocre content wise with little buzz in the fandom (though more or less with the new Your Under Arrest) so having them sub-only wouldn't hurt.
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
March tends to be a light month, especially with major sellers like Halo Legends and Ponyo around that time frame. I wasn't expecting much in March, so it's great to see Sentai Filmworks and Section23 chugging along with releases! Hopefully they are going to keep up a consistent trend without over-saturation.

jmfsilenthill wrote:
It's good to see Sentai licensing yet more anime, but I wish they would give their opinion/stance towards dubbing. I read somewhere that they have a couple projects that will be dubbed, but I'd just like to hear what they have to say about dubbing shows.

After the drama of last year with Clannad and Princess Resurrection, it sounds like they're going to keep it close to the vest until it's actually announced and have that do all their talking for them. Their whole modus operandi has been that actually, across the board... which is good in that it can lessen the impact of raised expectations, and delivering - though on the downside it does limit the lead-in hype generation.

Last edited by SXAniMedia on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:

These are cheap licenses for cheap distribution. That should be evident by now.

darkchibi07 wrote:
To be honest, these titles are pretty mediocre content wise with little buzz in the fandom (though more or less with the new Your Under Arrest) so having them sub-only wouldn't hurt.

Adding that, because they're really uncared about, dubbing them is guaranteed to lose you money, despite what few customers you might pick from it having a dub. It's annoying to reiterate these points in every thread, but it's something that should be driven home.

The real issue I guess is when it actually is a big anime that people do really care about.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

Seriously, the visual novel was a very nice read and had an all out excellent view to it, But when the anime was out, the animation was terrible, (it almost looked like a doujin anime) They got rid of all the important points in the VN and it had a terrible ending. Nothing at all like the VN.
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Dropped Yozakura, have no interest in Tayutama, haven't started YUA yet. Meh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7