• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Packaging Questions

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quote
PiercingArrow wrote:
@ 28076004505531

Amazon had some couple of customer pics here and here

Thanks!...how about the packaging for El Hazard the Magnificent World box set by geneon (2001)?
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:49 pm Reply with quote
This pic is the closest one i could find. Too bad it wasn't that clear enough. Who knows, maybe the others has some pic they could show you
lucas755

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
PiercingArrow wrote:
@lucas755

heres some pic of the Lucky Star Anime Legends, pic1 pic2. I don't have the Anime Legends for Haruhi Suzumiya but i think they're almost exactly the same

Oh, thanks. It would've sufficed to say "regular DVD case", but those pictures helped me visualize it more. ^^
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Are the Kyo Kara Maoh! limited edition box set sturdy? The outside looks cool but this kinda makes me worry. Do the DVD's come off the spindles like the crappy thin pack release, or do they have the other Geneon problem where you have to pry them off?

I borrowed a friends thin pack for about a week, and in the process of moving it half of the DVD's came out of their places, and did not want to go back. I've been okay with Funimations other thinpacks, like Fruits Basket, and Rumbling Hearts, which did not have this problem, or at least not for me...

Basically what I'm asking is did I get a defective one, or are they all like it, and if they are, is the limited edition any better for the price?[/url]
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:18 am Reply with quote
Wondering on a few thinpaks,
Need to know if there are any of the following that AREN'T the Artbox+Thinpacks:
Azumanga Daioh (most recent version)
Slayers Movie+OVA Collection
This Ugly and Beautiful World
His and Her Circumstances (Anime Value)
Comic Party Revolution (Funi reissue)
Thinking about downgrading my full artboxes/artboxed-thinpaks to as little a size box as possible to save space.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quote
sailorsarah08 wrote:
Are the Kyo Kara Maoh! limited edition box set sturdy? The outside looks cool but this kinda makes me worry. Do the DVD's come off the spindles like the crappy thin pack release, or do they have the other Geneon problem where you have to pry them off?

I borrowed a friends thin pack for about a week, and in the process of moving it half of the DVD's came out of their places, and did not want to go back. I've been okay with Funimations other thinpacks, like Fruits Basket, and Rumbling Hearts, which did not have this problem, or at least not for me...

Basically what I'm asking is did I get a defective one, or are they all like it, and if they are, is the limited edition any better for the price?[/url]

I have the KKM books, and each plastic page holds a disc on each side. Mine are not too loose and not too tight; they do not fall off, nor require immense amounts of prying to get them off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
PiercingArrow wrote:
This pic is the closest one i could find. Too bad it wasn't that clear enough. Who knows, maybe the others has some pic they could show you

thanks again...it's alright...
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I can see if my friend knows where his El Hazard box is (I've only got his final OAV box borrowed), and get pictures. But he just got back from 2 years in Japan, and all of his stuff is boxed up, so it may take a while.
Pantha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:

I have the KKM books, and each plastic page holds a disc on each side. Mine are not too loose and not too tight; they do not fall off, nor require immense amounts of prying to get them off.

Thank you! They look really sharp too. Defiantly worth the extra money.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Pantha wrote:

The Shoujo Trifecta. Awesomesauce. Kind of random, though, eh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quote
SeigiNoSenshi wrote:
Need to know if there are any of the following that AREN'T the Artbox+Thinpacks:
Thinking about downgrading my full artboxes/artboxed-thinpaks to as little a size box as possible to save space.

Can't answer about the others but the Anime Value version of His and Her Circumstances is a standard size keepcase with two discs overlapping in the front, a flap with the third disc, and two discs overlapping in the back, there is no artbox.
wormraper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
SeigiNoSenshi wrote:

Slayers Movie+OVA collection is a litebox collection
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
@SeigiNoSenshi
I heard that the most recent Azumanga Daioh set (from 2009) uses a spindle to hold the discs, not thinpaks.

Also, could anybody show me pictures of the packaging and inside art for AIR TV: SAVE Edition from Funimation? I'm planning to replace my AIR TV boxset for something that saves space and is better looking (while emphasizing the "sad" aspect, because that's just better looking).

And if someone wants me to not do that for any specific reason, I'd really like to hear it. To be honest, I still have this little voice in my head that goes "Don't do it; you like big, glossy artboxes instead (and 6 episodes per disc is unappealing for a 12 episode series!)." But again, only if you want to. I like opinions.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Reasons? You need reasons to get the Air art box + singles? All right, I got reasons right here:

http://www.box.net/shared/ramrff6van

It's a 4 minute video I made to convince you. You'll have to download it (22MB in size), but it's worth it. Trust me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 28