• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Packaging Questions

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Altacia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
The Super Legends version is not a single spindle stack pack. It has all eight discs in a single case. Two on each side of the case and two on each side of a single flap. It does overlap the discs which some people dislike.

Ooo, Thank you. Smile

I've come to dislike stack packs after Princess TuTu. The one you describe doesn't seem that bad...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Manga storage answer:

They used to make boxes specifically for manga. Unfortunately they seem to have gone out of production last year. At least my local comic shop can't get them. They were good for the standard size manga, but didn't handle the larger sizes such as Viz's Sig line. Comic boxes might work but you would be stacking the volumes three deep.

The best thing I have found is the boxes paper comes in. If you can find an office or an office supply store you can probably get them free. They have the advantage that they come with lids, like comic boxes but are more flexible.

The big problem, what ever size box you choose is how to store the boxes. Stacking them in the corner up to the ceiling doesn't work, I tried that. As I noted over in the Creative Storage thread, Lowes and Home Depot sell heavy duty shelving. A shelf 18" by 36" will just hold three paper boxes or four comic boxes. You need the heavy duty kind since paper is damned heavy.

I'll tell you what, I'll try to take some photos and post them in the Creative Storage thread. Will that help??
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I'm currently looking at the stacks of comic book boxes I have in the corner (they do stack, of course) and wondering if there's another way to stack them better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Much better. All of the boxes are available. I've got the photos, but I have to remember the process of posting them. I've only posted photos once before. See me in the Creative Storage ideas thread in this forum in an hour or so.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if this is the limited or regular version of Okami-San on bluray?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OKAMI-SAN-HER-SEVEN-COMPANIONS-NEW-BLU-RAY-DVD-/370649086178?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item564c6838e2
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
A regular edition hasn't been released yet, so it has to be the limited edition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
A regular edition hasn't been released yet, so it has to be the limited edition.

Thanks a bunch!
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote
Could someone tell me what kind of packaging AnimEigo's Oh! My Goddess Collector's Edition set had? Is it supposed to be a digipack? Thats what my copy is and it seems to be of questionable quality (though the discs seem legit, but what do I know?), so I'm worried mine might be a bootleg. Or did AnimEigo just to a poor printing job on the back cover, because thats whats sending up the most red flags for me.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 am Reply with quote
@double07

can you post a pic of what you bought?
If you bought it from a reseller at Amazon I'd be willing to bet that you were sold a Chinese/Hong Kong version?

I've seen that a lot, and they get away with it if they tell the customer right up front that it's an "import" version, even though they are offering that product under a page of the legitimate version.

If they didn't let you know of this beforehand chances are good that you can get refunded 100%. That is... if you file a timely claim with Amazon, they're pretty good about that - just keep your emails that you exchanged with the reseller asking for clarification of the product description and or your effort to resolve it with said reseller.

If the reseller wants to continue to be able to sell they'll work with you. If not Amazon will just credit your account and you won't see that reseller listed again.

All I have of that series are the two "Premium Box" editions, and they aren't anything like what you have described. Both art boxes included 6 individual dvds, a plastic slipcover for the respective 2 piece box, and a cell phone strap extra was included. The ANN encyclopedia page also provides a pic of what to expect. Or if you really need it I can post a pic of both.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote
It's a gatefold digipak.

lem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
@TKoH,
oops, I was thinking Double07 was asking about the TV series,
the difference between "Oh" and "Ah" got me there.

Did that digipak version you have include the 4 page liner note and song lyric fold-out that they put in the other release of the Oh My Goddess! OVA's? (Vols. 1 & 2)
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote
I don't have it right now. However, I bought it very early on in my fandom, so I wouldn't be surprised if I threw it away because it slid out and seemed pointless. I was so young and naive back then...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
The Collectors Edition did not come with liner notes. They were in the VHS and the DVD singles. They are, however, still available on AnimEigo's web site. In fact all of AnimEigo's liner notes are available there. Do what I did and print your own.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
Thanks, that's a really good idea, especially for some of the other older AnimEgo titles I was able to pick up before they became hard to find/more expensive than I wanted to pay at the time I was shopping high, low and all points in between for aging R1 releases (like Macross, Kimagure,).
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quote
In that case, a warning. The liner notes booklet that came with Kimagure Orange Road ran to 59 pages. The online version is a bit different but at least as long. The liner notes for Urusei Yatsura are at least that long. Have fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 28