• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Street Fighter IV, Quiz Magic Academy Promos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robo-ky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quote
the street fighter anime better have some fei long action in it, they never animate him, i mean that's the closest we'll get to seeing bruce lee fight again
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
The first Quiz Magic Academy OVA was pure stupid fun. Seeing as how the second should be more of the same, I look forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm still hoping the West (at least North America) still gets the Super Street Fighter IV anime. Wouldn't mind plunking down some extra cash to get it in a Collector's Edition of SSFIV. Frankly, the SFIV Collector's Edition is one of the few CE's of videogames that's been worth the extra cash. I agree the SF IV anime wasn't anywhere near the best but it's not as junky IMHO as a lot of people think.

Yes, SF anime has a checked history with a decent (but not-so-great or aging gracefully) SF 2 anime feature, a spin-off SF V TV series that took forever to get to the good fight scenes, a lousy American animated TV series (with production values that picked up in its second and final season), and a trio of OVAs (two Alpha series plus the SF IV flick) with scattered availability depending on where you live.

(I won't mention Van Damme or Kristen Kreuk if you won't... Promise!)

Darn you Capcom and Gonzo! You got me interested in this again.

Capcom fighting game fans are masochists for a lot of the crossover media...
DTJB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
This anime extra of SSFIV might be pretty good since it uses one character as the focal point, curious as to how The Dolls factor into the plot as well. That voice actress for Juri is doing a pretty good job, playing the horny vixen very well.

As far as the game goes, the thing I'm REALLY intersted in is which SFIII characters make the cut, my girl Makoto needs to come back.

GeorgeC wrote:
...a lousy American animated TV series

You sound like you need some more CORNFLAKES boy!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1