Forum - View topic
Mini-marathons for the other series.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I know that lately, you guys have been having mini-marathons on the weekends for shows like Inuyasha and Naruto, to help people catch up in case they missed a few episodes.

My question is, do you plan on doing these for any of the other series as well? The reason being that I'm hopelessly behind on Nura, NANA, and Vampire Knight, and I'd really like to catch up on the episodes I've missed. I'm not a fan of Death Note and I've already seen Buso Renkin, so I don't mind skipping those. And I've been STRICTLY keeping up with Tiger & Bunny and Blue Exorcist since they started.

So any chance we could get any of these shows marathoned?
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback. I'll go ahead and tell the program director and see if we can fit in more Nura. We had some feedback a month ago about repeating more Kekkaishi, so we're showing more of that.

It might take a week or two to show up since we try to work about 10 days ahead. So please be patient with us.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Reporting back!

Ok you can consider Dec 23rd Marathon day, just for you guys Very Happy

We'll have full 12 episode marathons of TIGER & BUNNY, NURA and Inuyasha The Final Act this Sunday!

Get your anime on people!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Cool!!! Thank you!! Very Happy

Let me know if you ever do a NANA or Vampire Knight marathon in the future, too. Cool
venture2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote
This is only a suggestion- but it would be more benefitial to run the mini marathons on the weekend (Funimation Channel did that). If they are run, all the time, it becomes diffcult to watch Neon Alley for extended periods.

Say for instance, I am looking for something to watch and turn on Neon Alley only to see a anime I have no interest in watching. Under a regular schedule I would just have to wait 30 minutes for another anime series to start. However, if Neon Alley is running a marathon of an anime I do not want to watch I have to wait 30 miniutes- to several hours for another anime series to start. That can be frustrating.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
We'll see what we can do with the shorter blocks. We've gotten a lot of feed back from our other outlets saying that the 2 hour blocks are perfect so we'll have to balance both opinions out. But it IS super nice that we have a chance to experiment though.

I'll go ahead and do some research to see if there's a veiwership drop off during the single eps and during the 2 hour blocks. Depending on what the data says we'll have to stick with that. We just nailed down a chunk of the programming, so it might be a bit of time before we can do a new set of experimental scheduling.

EDIT:
Oh and I totally got your message about the VK and Nana marathons. I just wanna wait for a couple more episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1