• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Blass Radius

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beryl7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Maybe it's possible to love a D. Gray Man fighting game. Or maybe it's a good series to write "slash" fan fiction about.

Ah geez, don't encourage people!!! Smile
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
This pretty much seals the fact that I have complete opposite tastes in anime. Cheers to anyone who finds worth in these reviews.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
This pretty much seals the fact that I have complete opposite tastes in anime. Cheers to anyone who finds worth in these reviews.

My Opinions: The Truth
Your Opinions: Evil Commie Bastard Propaganda
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:

Like me. You sound bitter, but this is part of the reviewer-reader process (which I just made up now, but you should know what I mean).
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:

There is no value in any opinion that does not mirror yours 1:1.
Elisian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
CG aside. I really liked Blassreiter. I'm not really following this review saying that the plot was missing though. I thought the whole thing came together pretty well in the end. (And what the heck is wrong with Amanda?!?)
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
JairStout wrote:

Yes, thank you for that. I simply pointed out that any hope of agreeing with Erin has fled. The nail is in the coffin. So once again, cheers to anyone out there who finds worth in these reviews. Because as Josh said, only bitterness remains in my cold, cynical otaku heart.
matthewlow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote
For Conan movie 4:

spoiler[Actually, Sato/Saimone wasn't murdered during the party when Rachel saw it. She's a main character and was announced later in the movie to be alive (though really, what movie would kill off a main character anyway?)]

That aside, I thoroughly enjoyed movie 4, and actually thought the end scene was quite well done and kept me in suspense the entire time (and gave me time to consider who the killer was). The lack of employees was odd though, but I didn't even notice that.

Movie 4 had me want to watch episode 1 again, which I think would help making it more appreciated. Overall it was a great movie, and IMO right up near movie 5.
mckg1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Well it should be mentioned that the reviewer did not see season one. I cannot take the review serious until season one is seen. I mean episode five is one of the best episodes i have seen so far in d.gray man and you are telling me that you can tell whats going on with watching just two episodes?!? I am sorry but in my opinion a reviewer should look at all the material before reviewing it.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I think Erin did a great job at laying out exactly what I dislike about D. Gray-Man. The concept and setting have a lot of potential, and the Earl is a friggin awesome villain, but the series has a bad habit of running in circles, sending the heroes on one wild goose chase after another while hardly ever letting the story advance.

This is true even in the manga, which has been running for six years (with some breaks) yet our heroes are still fighting the same group of bad guys they were at the very beginning, and neither side has seemed to have made much progress toward their goals.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:

Wait. Shouldn't that make her reviews just as valuable to you as to someone who generally agrees with her? If she loves show X, then you know not to rent it and if she thinks show Y is pure effluence, then you should go out and buy it right away, right?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
Zac wrote:
JairStout wrote:

Yes, thank you for that. I simply pointed out that any hope of agreeing with Erin has fled. The nail is in the coffin. So once again, cheers to anyone out there who finds worth in these reviews. Because as Josh said, only bitterness remains in my cold, cynical otaku heart.

Maybe you should have extrapolated on why you disagreed with Erin.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
dgrayman's first 50 series are as boring as cold hell... (only my amazing belief in humanity allowed me to survive it...)

there is nothing happens, everyone is dull, the story is pointless, and it is the epitome of the "fillerness"

the reviewer is accurate whenever I could trace it...
orangered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Itano might be a great effects man, but giving him full reign as the Director was a mistake.

Must... resist... mentioning Angel Cop...
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:

Good for you! And yes, I know, I've been guilty of the "singing on just to tell you your review sucks" sin as well, but at this point I assume we've heard the last of you, if the deal has been sealed?

One needs to learn to negotiate reviewers. I've read enough of Roger Ebert's reviews, for example, to sort of know how our opinions mesh (and don't), and that means I can figure out from his reviews whether I'll a movie or not - even if I disagree with him! Reviews don't have to be taken at face value; you need to evaluate the reviewer. See what they like, how it matches or mismatches with you, that sort of thing. As Takeyo noted, you could use her as a barometer, knowing that if she hates it, you'll like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5