• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Lets ShoDojo Community Site's Domain Expire

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote
Well, that really was a stupid name anyways. But then again, there's crunchyroll, too, so hey.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:02 am Reply with quote
Well, this isn't surprising to me since it seems like they really did nothing with it since they announced it. I kinda forgot they even had this thing until this moment, even though I did sign up for the information. XP
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quote
I didn't even know this existed until now and I've been visting the Funimation site quite often recently.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I didn't even know this existed until now and I've been visting the Funimation site quite often recently.

Well, Funi's site isn't the easiest to navigate through anyways. Honestly I just want to scroll down sometimes! Can barely click on a area without navigating away somewhere. Stupid side banners. Had to save seperate links for streams and browsing for funi.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I suspected it had expired, but didn't have the old domain registry records for comparison (there's a site which keeps history, but you need to pay and I wasn't that interested). I first noticed the Alon stuff there on the 4th though, and the domain wasn't actually due to expire till the 5th so I wondered if someone had re-used a template from another site or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
domino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Didn't know it existed, but now that I do it sounds like a great idea.

Definitely needs a better name than ShoDojo, though.
Katane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 pm Reply with quote
This doesn't surprise me at the lease bit. I just want to know what's the hold up? They never did explain that much either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1