• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: ToonSeum Takes Fundraising to the Fans with the Art of Akira

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 am Reply with quote
Wish I could go and afford a pledge. Crying or Very sad
pepper_gray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote
It looks like you can pledge as little as a dollar, you just start getting perks at $40. Every little bit helps for an organization like this.

The tricky thing about Kickstarter is that it's all-or-nothing - if they reach their goal, they get the money; if they don't, they get nothing.

I'm going to chip in $5. If a bunch of people do it, it should be a big help, right? The more potential sponsors see that this event is being supported the more likely it is that they'll pitch in.
joethepeacock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad that ANN picked up this press release! Thanks for being supportive, all! This was a pleasant thing to see this morning - we've been working our butts off trying to get the Art of Akira Exhibit put together and finished, and are now working to spread the word. What better place than ANN?

I'm the owner of the collection that's being exhibited at ToonSeum - if you guys have any questions about it, feel free to ask!
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote
joe: I have the Marvel editions of the manga, and they had some nice featurettes and some fan-takes from prominent comic book industry insiders. If you want, I can try to send you some scans for the exhibit.
joethepeacock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote
Gatsu:

Thanks for the offer! I've actually got those as well, and will be including some of the material from them in the video that will be playing at the exhibit - thankfully, we've made contact with a few of the interviewees and they've agreed to do interviews for the exhibit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1