• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -[adult swim] (w/index).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolaum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
Can anyone explain me why creating chimeras is not considered human transmutation?
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
So I'm posting in this thread solely because I am watching the English dub of this show with my girlfriend (acting's a bit stiff, but it's passable and it's better than dealing with Edward and Alphonse sounding like you're typical Japanese shōnen leads for 64 episodes). I have the series ripped from the blu-ray discs, to include The Sacred Star of Milos, in chronological order, meaning that said film appears sandwiched within the overall series.

Following various sources (mostly, Yahoo! Answers threads), I placed it between episodes 20 and 21, and at first, it seemed to fit in nicely. Then, episode 21 opened immediately thereafter with spoiler[Roy Mustang bedridden from the wounds he sustained from his encounter with Lust]. This is a problem, because spoiler[Mustang appears in the film in perfect health, and even engages a couple of wolf chimera during its endgame].

It know that the film was probably rushed in order to cash in on Brotherhood's popularity at the time, and that some chronological liberties were almost certainly taken, but I figured I may as well ask:

Are those informal sources I looked at wrong? Is the film supposed to take place somewhere else in Brotherhood's chronology?
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Or...has this question been answered earlier in this or the other thread?
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Also, same question, but in regards to the OVA's: where are they supposed to fall?
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
Sorry for posting in a 2 year old thread, I didn't realize this one was so old. Anime smile + sweatdrop

I thought the English dub of FMA Brotherhood was great! But I think the Japanese dub was a bit better in some places, but that's not important here. Razz

I wonder if anyone is still a fan of FMA even after all these years? Smile

I hope I"m not the only one that's still a fan even after the manga and Brotherhood ended. ^^;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 28 of 28