• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Confirms Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei License

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Sigh... why must companies remain silent about this crap? I want to own this series...
They aren't silent about it though. If you talk to one of the people in production at the MB booth, they will give you some info. (I'm planning to check on it anyway because of that boxset vs single thing which started as a logical leap and hasn't been confirmed.)
Did you not read what I said? The Media Blaster reps at their booth had no clue and could give me no explanation as to why SZS wasn't screened and why the DVD wasn't for sale there at ACen.
ntsjthor0210

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad a company licensed it. The show is amazing. I'm not sure if this show can be dubbed though. There are so many references to Japanese culture in here. If they do a dub, I'm sure they'll try to work things out.
ntsjthor0210

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote
ntsjthor0210 wrote:
I'm glad a company licensed it. The show is amazing. I'm not sure if this show can be dubbed though. There are so many references to Japanese culture in here. If they do a dub, I'm sure they'll try to work things out.

I hope MB get the license for the rest of the SZS series.
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow, nice necro....

Is this show doomed? There's been no word on its release since... last year.

I am so in despair.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
I've emailed Media Blaster's twice in the last 9 months or so about the status of Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei and haven't heard anything. Their website hasn't been updated in a year. They are licensing and releasing stuff, but it's almost like ghosts doing it. I don't know whether to believe they exist or not.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:04 pm Reply with quote
SoloButterfly wrote:
I've emailed Media Blaster's twice in the last 9 months or so about the status of Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei and haven't heard anything. Their website hasn't been updated in a year. They are licensing and releasing stuff, but it's almost like ghosts doing it. I don't know whether to believe they exist or not.

I too tried to contact Media Blasters less than a year ago. Still haven't heard anything form them. I guess if your not a big spender from them or aren't in the anime industry, other emails do not matter in the least.

Also, most recently, I contacted Media Blasters about the bonus item (T shirt) that came with Genshiken season two. I figured that they would respond within about a day or two because it was a simple question. Well that was in early December last year. They did not bother to email me back until either until this month or last. It took some searching, but I finally found the answer myself.

I ended up getting the lightbox version of Genshiken 2, as I am not willing to pay an extra $10-20 dollars for a made in China T-shirt that wasn't anything too special.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7