• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mayonaka TV Ad Runs for Persona 4 Teaser Site

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I just hope this is an actual adaption of Persona 4, and not just a spinoff with cameos like Trinity Soul was.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote
You're talking about compressing nearly 100 hours of gameplay into some 2 cour series. That's no easy task.

I don't mind a spinoff ONLY IF there's a really competent staff involved. Hey, it could also be a sequel starring an older Nanako getting a Persona. Laughing
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:40 am Reply with quote
gameplay time is not equal to game time. you can finish Persona 4 in around 40 average if you want to finish the story.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:27 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, if this is true. Then I would like to watch it, and compare it to the game. Let's hope they go with the true ending.
TwinBahamut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:37 am Reply with quote
Even a quick glance at the teaser site makes it clear this is an announcement related to Persona 4. The color, font, and presentation of that countdown is a direct reference to various aspects of the game and its animated intro. And of course, the name "Mayonaka TV" is a reference to the Japanese name of what was called "Midnight TV" in the US version, a central part of Persona 4's plot.

Persona 4 was amazing, so I'm looking forward to this. I just wonder if it will be an adaptation or some kind of spin-off or alternate storyline...
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote
Also the countdown runs out at midnight (Japan time), which probably isn't too uncommon with countdowns, but might be another reference to the Midnight Channel.
Araki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote
Damn, i hope it's an adaptation. Not a big fan of the storyline, but the characters and their chemistry are simply awesome. Could do a great anime.

darkchibi07 wrote:
You're talking about compressing nearly 100 hours of gameplay into some 2 cour series. That's no easy task:

Nah, i don't think so. If you keep the "bonding" aspect to the playable characters only, it's perfectly doable.
sepherest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
I'm glad it's not going to be another re-release of a Persona game (just give us a new one already, jeez), but all the Megaten-related anime made so far aren't exactly impressive.

The game's story could make a nice anime if it has the right people involved. If they make a spin-off hopefully it'll be more like the games and not like Trinity Soul.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Also the countdown runs out at midnight (Japan time), which probably isn't too uncommon with countdowns, but might be another reference to the Midnight Channel.

And the countdown ends on April 11, 2011...the exact date that the story of Persona 4 starts.
sukisho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
If it runs out at Midnight japan time then that actually makes it the 12th, since it's already the 11th there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1