• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation Stream Shinkai Works, Moeyo Ken

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Wohoo, I missed the Shinkai day last year so I'll be taking advantage of it this year (48 hours? Totally enough time to see two if not all three of the movies).

EDIT: Heck, 5cm is just over an hour long and Voices isn't even a half hour, this just became totally doable for two days.

Last edited by wandering-dreamer on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
So they're doing it again this year! Nice!

I was able to watch Voices last year but not Place Promised, so I will try and watch that during the viewing period.

After that, I will have finally seen all three Makoto Shinkai works. (I own Five Centimeters.)
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Know what would make a great Shinkai day? A re-release of 5 cm per Second, which I was not able to buy when it was released by ADV, and is now pretty impossible to get.
Tratious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I only got 5 Centimeters per second last year so awesome I have to got watch the other 2 now and rewatch 5cm again.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Maybe you should rephrase the title as: "Crunchyroll to stream Shinkai works; Funimation streams Moeyo Ken and others"
because I had thought that both distributors will be streaming the same content from the original title... unless this is standard newspeak or something
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
SUCH great news to hear that Global Shinkai Day is back again this year. Although, I sort of wished that they were there all of the time.

At the very least, it would be nice to have more than two days to view his work. And it would be even greater if 5 centimeters per second (and Voices of a Distant Star, if it is unlicensed now) was rereleased on DVD (and Blu-ray, if possible).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote
Kinda odd when you have it on a different day than the year previous....oh well
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
SUCH great news to hear that Global Shinkai Day is back again this year. Although, I sort of wished that they were there all of the time.

At the very least, it would be nice to have more than two days to view his work. And it would be even greater if 5 centimeters per second (and Voices of a Distant Star, if it is unlicensed now) was rereleased on DVD (and Blu-ray, if possible).
yeah honestly, watching it streamed doesn't do any of his movies justice. they have nice stories but they are best viewed with as much quality as possible. really beautiful art
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 am Reply with quote
This is great, now I can finally check out Voices of a Distant Star. I watched the newer dub of 5 cm/s last year on Shinkai Day, and I already have ADV's release (as well as Place Promised). It would be nice to get that newer dub as a dvd/bd release as well.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
Know what would make a great Shinkai day? A re-release of 5 cm per Second, which I was not able to buy when it was released by ADV, and is now pretty impossible to get.
Exactly what I was going to post.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

^^^That

I need to get the courage to spend $100+ for 5 Centimeters Per Second DVD that is out already. But hopefully we will get a re-release. Knowning my tendencies I would still prolly get the $100 one aswell.

I love Shinkai day, it is my 5th favorite holiday! Laughing
dizzon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:45 am Reply with quote
Ghstmtrx wrote:
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

^^^That

I need to get the courage to spend $100+ for 5 Centimeters Per Second DVD that is out already. But hopefully we will get a re-release. Knowning my tendencies I would still prolly get the $100 one aswell.

Oh wow! I had no idea it was that hard to find now, and that expensive. Kind of makes me feel bad I got it during the Best Buy anime sale last March for only eight bucks. Good movie though.
Koji98

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
And it would be even greater if 5 centimeters per second (and Voices of a Distant Star, if it is unlicensed now) was rereleased on DVD (and Blu-ray, if possible).

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/TjRWU4hfuYKxGHiE=Q/browse/item/59589/4/0/0
Voices is still around on DVD, so half your wish is already granted.
Sentire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I just missed out by one day on this last year... and was very disappointed. I'm marking this on my calendar right now. I wouldn't mind winning something too... Very Happy
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quote
Well, before Zin5ki pops in and says it, Madman does have the BangZoom version available. Of course it's R4, but there are several ways to bypass that (region free player, change the region on your computer or use DVD43 to make regions moot). Also, shipping isn't insane, it's $8 to the US and it only took 5 days after it was shipped (processed for like 3 days) to get from them in Australia to me in Virginia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2