• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Baka and Test and Dance in the Vampire Bund for North American

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Dance in the Bund maybe, but do they really think they will find an audience for Baka to Test to Shokanju? It's too obscure. And so since Funimation grabbed it, does this mean they will dub it? I don't see gain here.

I wouldn't mind owning Vampire Bund though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely going to snap up Bund. My only concern is if I buy it online through TRSI (since they are my supplier of choice) will I be flagged as a potential pedo by Canada Customs???
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm definitely going to snap up Bund. My only concern is if I buy it online through TRSI (since they are my supplier of choice) will I be flagged as a potential pedo by Canada Customs???
I would hope they wouldn't notice or make a big deal out of it. Unless the curiosity of "BUND" makes them investigate further.

Or I can send it to you Blood- with an overlapped inlay of Dragonball Z. lol.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha, I may take you up on that offer, Shadowrun20XX. I know that Canada Customs opened up the box that my Moonphase wallscroll came in (I know this because when I got the box, it was taped back up with yellow tape that had Canada Customs printed on it). If I order Bund, they'll definitely think I've got a thing for underage vampire chicks.
Ichigo069

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Pretty cool typos and bad grammar, guys:

Quote:
FUNimation® Entertainment has acquired digital, broadcast, home video and merchandise rights...
-- put a comma after video

Quote:
...supernatural action anime series “Dance In The Vampire Bund” and the from Media Factory.
-- remove 'and the'

Quote:
This week on Friday, March 5 at 10:00 a.m. CST FUNimation will stream...
--put a comma after CST

Quote:
Avatars, pint-sized versions of themselves that battle...
--comma after 'themselves'

And a complaint: Why could they not have tl'd the title as: Idiots, Tests, and Summoning Beasts? It's not THAT hard to translate バカとテストと召喚獣, Funi........ orz

Sad
TJR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Dance in the Bund maybe, but do they really think they will find an audience for Baka to Test to Shokanju? It's too obscure. And so since Funimation grabbed it, does this mean they will dub it? I don't see gain here.

It's apparently a package deal. According to Quarkboy, Baka to Test would've been streamed by Crunchyroll. However, since Funimation showed pre-broadcast interest in Vampire Bund (it's the vampire theme), the licensor thought they could make more money by forcing them into acquiring both.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo069 wrote:
Pretty cool typos and bad grammar, guys:

Heil mein grammar heir!
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

I wouldn't mind owning Vampire Bund though.

It seems like a lot of people are more interested Baka and Test. Many people I know don't even like Vampire Bund, I still haven't watched it myself so I don't really know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1