• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Working!! (Wagnaria!!) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiddtic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote
hehe thanks Spastic, I just finished the show just now and man was it Awesome, indeed he finally got to cross-dress again and the supposed accident that got him to do that was funny as.

My favourite character would have to be Yamada her facial expressions and reactions to situations wer just so unnexpected. In the middle of the series I thought I would get tired of seeing katanash.... sorry I mean Takanashi getting punched by Inami but it never got old and that "intence" scene in the final eppie was probably the funniest of them all.

haha i really laughed so hard when he said this is very important and went to cuddle the puppies LoL. Ah I wish there were more shows like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
(Hey, could The Dreaming Void or a mod please edit the title of the thread to include "Wagnaria" in the title? And maybe links to the Encyclopedia / pages too? I bet it would make this thread easier to find in a search. Thanks.)

It's not a heavily discussable series but might as well revive the old thread.

Episode 3 (of second season)
Pretty good. One of the interesting things about the show is how very similar much of it is to a typical sitcom- but better. The whole episode is centered on of those sitcom-like misunderstandings and it pretty much works. Although the source of the misunderstanding is a bit contrived. Nazuna says she'll show Izumi a picture of the girl that Sota is interested in... how could Nazuna not think she'd think it was Popura? You can't even see Inami in it. And Izumi, as much as an idiot as she is portrayed in the episode, should at least realize that Wagnaria wouldn't employ an elementary student as a regular employee, no matter what she looks like.
Still, some great sequences, Izumi, overpowered by spoiler[kittens], Nazuna manipulating Popura and Yamada.

And did anyone else catch the crap-sub of this? For some reason CR had a week-long "production delay" on the episode and the only sub available was a hilarious google-translated one. Funny for its own reasons.

Episode 4

Ha! Yep, I guessed it right. If you go back to the first episode of the season you'll see that person momentarily walk by the restaurant carrying the same thing she is in this one. Although, spoiler[if she's always walking around town, doesn't the fact that Otoo is always leaving mean that he's not looking for her so much as avoiding her? Especially when you consider that the show is apparently set in Hokkaido, just how fast doe he think she can escape the island?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote
I agree with you that the humor feels like a sitcom. The great thing about working is I enjoy all the characters. Usually theres always this one character I dislike in comedy animes. I wonder when they will expand on Yamada's past. I think spoiler[she has an actual real older brother with the way she clings on to Souma]
UnrestrictedMethod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
I thoroughly enjoyed the relationship building between spoiler[Inami and Takanashi ] in season one. I'll be seriously ticked off if their relationship doesn't progress in season two. Regardless, season one has my thumbs up.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote
It's interesting watching both Working!! and Suid Girl 2. Both are comedy shows whose first seasons I adored, but I have to say that for me, Working!! is doing a better job keeping the magic going than Squid Girl 2. Something feels a little "off" about Squid Girl 2 - like the writing and character interaction just isn't as sharp. Working!! seems to have made the transition to season 2 more smoothly. And while I have nothing against the Inami - Takanashi relationship, I am actually glad that other characters and other situations are being given more screen time. Let's face it, Inami punching Takanashi wears a little thin after a while.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Nice looks I was right, Yamada does have an actual real brother. Poor Inami, Takenashi doesn't realize he is jealous of her being around a boy as a person of love interest and not as a dog owner lol....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Poor Inami, Takenashi doesn't realize he is jealous of her being around a boy as a person of love interest and not as a dog owner lol....
He is so close to seeing it, to think what he did he must suspect something.

Finally there are some small revelation about Yamada comming, well she is a teenage run away that was picked up by a naive man. also lol at the sister's hijinks with the outfits.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Season 3's key visual:

And a brief CM to welcome back the audience to the show Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xApj0FrGQI&feature=youtu.be
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 1

Wait, this is all we have in terms of the forums?

Anyway, it is finally back after a while, with all the goodness. And we actually almost had the wife thing resolve before some sort of locked room mystery. I totally expected Takanashi to be with a dog or something, and nope an actual child. The smile to Popura was especially funny at beating her. Oh, and the manager seemed off her game realising that she had some negative influences on her friend's lack of making friends.

Could we get some conclusions this season? Otoo finds his wife, Takanashi and Inami become something, and probably something with Yamada.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of Working but have to admit that the first episode of the third season was very adorable and cute.

Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
And who says there's no progress? Inami (quickly) serves male customers, doesn't come close to punching Takanashi and doesn't even throw one when the boy Yamada pinata pops out of the tree... and he actually would have deserved one for that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 2

Indeed the no hitting thing is progress.

We also learn a bit more about family situations. And did I find Izumi this cute before? She is helpless to an unhealthy degree, but I feel like I am seeing her differently. It is not that I have become like her or my tastes have changed since the previous seasons, right? Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

We also learn a bit more about family situations. And did I find Izumi this cute before? She is helpless to an unhealthy degree, but I feel like I am seeing her differently. It is not that I have become like her or my tastes have changed since the previous seasons, right? Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Izumi was always cute, she's the only decent one of the Takanashi sisters and that includes the youngest who manipulates through sheer obedience.

Even when she got the handcart for Izumi, it was in a "I'm helping you but I'm also shaming you" way.

Episode 2's big relationship movement: Yachiyo was egging on Jun to ask her out for a drink and, wow, is that man dense. "Why not ask the manager?" "Well, she doesn't drink." And neither does she, Satou, it's called "a hint". I can understand how Souma feels.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:44 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 3

Yes! Satou said it, and there is no way Yachiyo can ignore that.

Normal girl actually had a moment. And just that little bit where Inami could talk normally with Souta.

Almost feels kind of out of place in mentioning the humour from the dread that Yachiyo would ask Kozue for advice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:48 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 4

And things are still moving. Yachiyo still seems to be a bit dim to it, but she is pretty much reaching the conclusion that she wants to be closer to Souta.

And Souta, my god Souta. He likes Inami, and it is killing him that he can't understand why he thinks she is cute, even when Yamada's brother says it right to his face. He is close to the answer, but that really was not cool what he said, calling her a burden.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6