• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi Creator Starts Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote
Well this is interesting.

As much as I like the "When they Cry" series, a new horror story from Ryukishi07 sounds great. Seeing as Hidden God is kind of how do I put it? Rolling Eyes a lot like his past work with Higurashi.

Here's hoping there's no time loops.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quote
As long as Umineko VN 7 comes out in August and Umineko VN 8 in December I'm cool with this.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
As long as Umineko VN 7 comes out in August and Umineko VN 8 in December I'm cool with this.

^this and as long as when someone adapts this to an anime, it doesn't suck as bad as Umineko and Ookami Kakushi
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote
"Higanbana" is almost certainly referring specifically to Lycoris Radiata, the red spider lily which is used symbolically in a lot of anime, so "On the Night the Spider Lily Blooms" might be a more appropriate (at least less scientific-sounding) translation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Westlo wrote:

^this and as long as when someone adapts this to an anime, it doesn't suck as bad as Umineko and Ookami Kakushi

Lets not talk about how bad the anime was for Umineko k?

and Ookami Kakushi isn't bad, it's just the plot is a lot like Higurashi but with out the time loop.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I love all of Ryukishi07 work, he is a genius! So I am most certainly looking forward to this. I would hope to see more of his work licensed already, the very slow stream of Higurashi Manga being released is certainly not enough. I cannot have enough of Ryukishi07's work.

And it is only fitting that my 100th post I am talking about one of my favorite people. Very Happy
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Well Ookami Kakushi just got a manga, two of them in fact. Both on a monthly release.

Umineko has manga for episode 1-4 and a 4 panel gag manga and a official cross over manga with Higurashi. But only episode 1 and the gag manga has finished it's run.

As much as I would love to see the Umineko manga get released in the states it's going to be a while. I mean Japan's still waiting for the other episodes to finish there manga run.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Hey hey hey hey hey hey...

Don't badmouth Ookami, it's not that bad. It's just like the other user said, slower paced than Higurashi, sans the time resets.
ani12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote
This looks pretty interesting.

And like Kyogissun said, Ookami Kakushi isn't bad, just kind of slow, though it actually moves faster than its original game. And the only other major problem, in my opnion, spoiler[besides the shared problem with the game of its inability to hide the Wolf Girl's identity well,] is the obvious car and wheelchair CGI.

Also, "Ookami Kakushi" = "Spirited Away By The Wolf/Wolfed Away". "Hidden God" just a mistranslation that popped up when the anime started airing.
Witch-Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Nice, a new story from Ryuukishi07 can't wait. It even sounds like one of his stories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1