• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Robot Week - Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Surprised Shocked I always want to use those icons side by side. Razz Kind of not surprising.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Judau

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:00 pm Reply with quote
What?! you have go to be kidding me!! There is no way they can air Evangelion uncut after years of taking out minor blood scrathes for the same air time. This will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Andrew wrote:
The plot thickens...

According to ADV at Katsucon, all the shows during Giant Robot Week will be aired uncut.

Uncut, sure, I can see that, but what about unedited?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:09 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Emerje"]
Andrew wrote:

If they are just going to show the first 2 ep, there is not much to edit, execpt langange, the gush of blood from Unit 1, and the blood on Shinji's hands. All and all, it'll only add up to around around 1 minute of stuff that need to edited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Not sure how they'd edit some of those scenes without outright cutting some of them. Didn't someone say these wouldn't be shown in any sort of order, they'd just be rando episode?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

No idea. It's possible that they'll "mute" some of the heavier language like they do on Adult Swim's comedy shows.

Still...uncut seems to imply that, at the very least, the video should remain intact. It remains to be seen how they'll get away with a couple of the things shown in Eva and Nadesico, though. Only a week left until we find out, I guess.

Quote:
Didn't someone say these wouldn't be shown in any sort of order, they'd just be rando episode?

They'll be showing the first two episodes of Eva and Dai-Gaurd, and episodes 1, 6, and 25 (?!) of Nadesico.
Judau

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:00 am Reply with quote
Andrew wrote:
and episodes 1, 6, and 25 (?!) of Nadesico.

O_o Wow.... interesting, I think CN has litterally gone INSANE. Maybe they chose they eps with a big rotating wheel and threw a dart at it... Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:36 am Reply with quote
I'm really surprised they'd go with Ep 25, it's so close to the end and gives away EVERYTHING that you shouldn't know until half way through the series. Not the best of ideas.

Emerje
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:56 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I'm really surprised they'd go with Ep 25, it's so close to the end and gives away EVERYTHING that you shouldn't know until half way through the series. Not the best of ideas.

Lots of things on TV is not the best ideas. Razz Any hoot, I think they picked them because so more of the mechs (I can't think of what they are called right now.) then any other ep, but if I haven't seen the series before hand, I'll be wondering "Why?" Oh well. Razz
Judau

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:19 am Reply with quote
They may have also tried finding episodes with action, but not TOO much violence... for instance in the first two eps, besides when Eva 01 goes bereserk, there is really not too much.... (well except Misato's fan service and beer drinking Wink), but I still don't think they are going to air it uncut... that would be insane. If anything, Eva is going to give a lot of 8-12 year-olds nightmares... Anime smile
Case

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Judau wrote:
If anything, Eva is going to give a lot of 8-12 year-olds nightmares... Anime smile

I think you're giving the series too much credit. Giant robots and alien invaders ("angels" or otherwise) aren't traditionally seen as the stuff of nightmares.

More likely, they'll be drawn to the hyperviolence and be excited and want to watch more. And new anime fans will probably be born. And some radical Catholic parents will probably start a petition.
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:12 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Judau"][quote="Andrew"]and episodes 1, 6, and 25 (?!) of Nadesico.[/quote]

O_o Wow.... interesting, I think CN has litterally gone INSANE. Maybe they chose they eps with a big rotating wheel and threw a dart at it... Anime hyper[/quote]

The wheel of episodes... around, and around she goes! That's pretty funny.

[quote="Case"]And some radical Catholic parents will probably start a petition.[/quote]

Yeah, I can totally see that coming...
nima

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I think it will be cool at some points but lacking in the older shows. I guess we'll have to see.

PS: send a message to me nima out
Judau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:26 am Reply with quote
Case wrote:
Judau wrote:
If anything, Eva is going to give a lot of 8-12 year-olds nightmares... Anime smile

I think you're giving the series too much credit. Giant robots and alien invaders ("angels" or otherwise) aren't traditionally seen as the stuff of nightmares.

More likely, they'll be drawn to the hyperviolence and be excited and want to watch more. And new anime fans will probably be born. And some radical Catholic parents will probably start a petition.

yeah, good point... I kind of doubt that the parents are going to like it though, Catholic or not... haha.... I can just see their faces when the cross-shaped explosion flashes on the screen... lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4