• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Evolutionary

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I want to pick up Sakura Taisen, but damn it all, Final Fantasy XIII is all I can do right now. That's right, do. I vote we talk about Final Fantasy XIII.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote
The entry on Sakura Wars was gold. In retrospect, it's a shame you didn't use that as a running gag from the first time the title was announced.

Also, am I the only one who ever thought it would be fun to have a sort of online Wario Ware play-alike where users could make their own games based on movies/other games/anime? Kinda like [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQAwnj_cEDo this[/url], only with more variety.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote
The entry on Sakura Wars was gold. In retrospect, it's a shame you didn't use that as a running gag from the first time the title was announced.

Also, am I the only one who ever thought it would be fun to have a sort of online Wario Ware play-alike where users could make their own games based on movies/other games/anime? Kinda like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQAwnj_cEDo) only with more variety.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote
I really hope that's a 2-headed tiger and not... anything else...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quote
Chaos Rings: The graphics remind me of Dragoneer's Aria. And the title makes me think of some crappy Sonic spin-off.

FMA RPG: Yeah I saw this coming, considering there has been one before. I'm sure it'll be a seller.

Trinity Universe: Well if anything, it'll keep Morrigan and Felicia from getting any more fanservice. And it does present another Atelier gal we didn't get. Surprised they don't use anyone from the Iris games though...okay, there is Pamela, but she's kind of a recurring joke character really. But this game will make Etna and Flonne fans nuts Anime hyper

Mimana Iyar Chronicles: I know the cast is just one guy and all women after that, but I need a new RPG for my PSP since finishing Lunar. The battle system looks like serious win.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quote
By the time I finish Sakura Wars 3 & 4, I should have a WIi so I can play SW5.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to Trinity Universe. And you know, I don't think Prinny can do better than Pamela. I mean, what better match for him than a ghost girl?

Incidentally, Atelier Totori: Atelier of Arland for PS3 has been announced, it's a sequel to Atelier Rorona.

Can't wait for my copy of Sakura Wars to ship next week (need to finish Lunar before then...)! It's a shame NIS doesn't think there's interest in releases of the previous games. Sad

Samurai Shodown Sen is very tempting. I actually liked (and own) Warriors Rage so this can't be that bad.

Oh, and I keep my copy of the Samurai Shodown OAV right next to my Art of Fighting OAV. Very Happy

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quote
Wow, a shout out to the Virtual Boy, and I was shocked enough to see a reference to it in Maria Holic. (no I never owned one...)
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
By the time I finish Sakura Wars 3 & 4, I should have a WIi so I can play SW5.

I chose the PS2 edition over the wii because I felt the additions where worth the money spent.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote
Curious, why is the box for Mimana: Iyar Chronicle shown as PSP, but the blurb says Nintendo DS? Which system is it actually for?
humantyphoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
Chaos Rings looks crazy. I didn't know iphone could make graphics.

what the fudge is this? Some kind of joke?
Quote:
If Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has taught us nothing else, it's that anime fans don't mind sitting through the same storyline twice.
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I assume that the big reason the Nakoruru OVA wasn't released in the US is that it was never finished. The sole episode that exists ends on a cliffhanger: a series was clearly intended.

Poor Samsho Sen. Game looks terribly bland, in direct opposition to how Samsho is supposed to be. When your competition is Soul Calibur it's probably best to give up and make another videogame instead.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote
If what you said about Zeta was true, then thanks for spoiling me. Razz Anime hyper

Pretty neat of you to get an interview in, though.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love is the fifth major game in the series, and it's also the first set in America: New York, to be premise.

Darn spellchecker, that's to be precise, I think. Laughing
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
No no no... 3D on a handheld? That is exactly the wrong direction for Nintendo to be moving in. They need to build on what they already have with the featureset of the DS/DSi becuase that is obviously what people want. Wasting time and processing power on 3D on a handheld cannot end well.

Great news on Trinity Universe. Never thought it would see an English release.

I am a tad baffled as to why they rushed the release of Dead or Alive on PSP over here though. Do they think there is some sort of demand or anticipation for this when all fans want is Dead or Alive 5 already?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2