• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top-Selling Light Novels in Japan by Series: 2012

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yu3lora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote
Ah, Kokoro Connect number 12.. Well, at least its number 12. Cool
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
Dino_Rabbit wrote:
I prefer a romantic comedy or romance action LN (Toaru, Nakaimo, Oreimo, SAO, Haganai, Sakurasou, Campione etc.) to those shonen or seinen manga any day (Except awesome manga like K-On, Lucky Star and Yuru Yuri of course) because manga tend to be barbaric. Just see the gruesome fights in some of the shonen series such as Bleach or One Piece. Ugh.
I think what we're seeing here is the fact that fights can't be handled well in prose form with any amount of detail. You'd probably see fights as gruesome as in manga if that weren't the case.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I don't think Haruhi pioneered light novel anime, we've had adaptations going back to the 80s.

Indeed. For example Slayers was originally a light novel, as was Full Metal Panic.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Dino_Rabbit wrote:
I prefer a romantic comedy or romance action LN (Toaru, Nakaimo, Oreimo, SAO, Haganai, Sakurasou, Campione etc.) to those shonen or seinen manga any day (Except awesome manga like K-On, Lucky Star and Yuru Yuri of course) because manga tend to be barbaric. Just see the gruesome fights in some of the shonen series such as Bleach or One Piece. Ugh.
I think what we're seeing here is the fact that fights can't be handled well in prose form with any amount of detail. You'd probably see fights as gruesome as in manga if that weren't the case.
You need to read more prose if you believe that. Smile IMO Index isn't any less brutal than Bleach in most regards.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2