• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo UK Rep: No Wii Mini Plans Outside Canada

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Good choice.
We already got an inferior version of the Wii on the market.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Okay ... I already thought the Wii Mini was a strange decision for Nintendo to make period and now it is even stranger. Why the heck would they make something only available in Canada? We're not exactly a big portion of the market, overall. I especially don't see why the whole of North America wouldn't be together.

Very weird.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
oh thank god... we have enough pos tech on the market as it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Okay ... I already thought the Wii Mini was a strange decision for Nintendo to make period and now it is even stranger. Why the heck would they make something only available in Canada? We're not exactly a big portion of the market, overall. I especially don't see why the whole of North America wouldn't be together.

Very weird.

Indeed. It's utterly bizarre that they would go to the effort of designing and producing a drastically remodelled version of their console only to release it in a market of less than 35 million people.
Relairknight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
Yeah I've been trying to think of some possible reason as to why'd they'd make anything Canada only... I mean I love Canada but its not exactly a consumer hotbed for, well.. anything. Very very weird. Unless this is just PR speak and Canada is simply a guinea pig they are testing the wii mini at, or gauging peoples reactions seeing if there is outrage and demand from other locations, I dunno.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1