• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
The first four letters of your name fit well, Joketsu.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Joketsu wrote:
I will be supporting the dub 120% and buying all the DVDs day 1 and I hope they bring this new OVA over as well. I can think of no other series coming out this year more deserving of my money. Now if only a good company would release the various manga series, I'd be in heaven for the rest of my days. Seriously, the haters are missing out here. Oh well, more for me!

(And before anyone laughs or asks, yes, I mean every word of this post and will not take a single letter of it back~)

My problem with the DVD release is that it appears that the OVAs are not included. And that I don't agree with the style of release either. Dub is unimportant though. As much as I love the show too, I think I'll wait for a boxset, or possibly a BluRay. Yeah, I know the spiel about buying now and that stuff will come later with my support, but I am not a double dipper.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Just curious, what has Media Blasters released on Blu-Ray so far?
The_Q

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Joketsu wrote:
I will be supporting the dub 120% and buying all the DVDs day 1 and I hope they bring this new OVA over as well. I can think of no other series coming out this year more deserving of my money. Now if only a good company would release the various manga series, I'd be in heaven for the rest of my days. Seriously, the haters are missing out here. Oh well, more for me!

(And before anyone laughs or asks, yes, I mean every word of this post and will not take a single letter of it back~)

My problem with the DVD release is that it appears that the OVAs are not included. And that I don't agree with the style of release either. Dub is unimportant though. As much as I love the show too, I think I'll wait for a boxset, or possibly a BluRay. Yeah, I know the spiel about buying now and that stuff will come later with my support, but I am not a double dipper.

Same thing happened with Ikki tousen. It appeared that OAVs were gone, however, they were confirmed shortly before its release.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Can only imagine has 'uncut' this will be since it no longer has the restrictions of TV broadcast to worry about.

Which is very very good for me. I of all people though it's gona get the sub only treatment. thank god MB gave it one. And after watching the sequel to ikkitousen which is an imporvment from season 1, i'm really looking forward to this series.

MB has given use fanservice junkies something to enjoy for quite a long while.

Now if only Kodomo no Jikanwill come to the US, cause that's one news that every fanservice junkie will definately look forward too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Can only imagine has 'uncut' this will be since it no longer has the restrictions of TV broadcast to worry about.

Which is very very good for me. I of all people though it's gona get the sub only treatment. thank god MB gave it one. And after watching the sequel to ikkitousen which is an imporvment from season 1, i'm really looking forward to this series.

MB has given use fanservice junkies something to enjoy for quite a long while.

Now if only Kodomo no Jikanwill come to the US, cause that's one news that every fanservice junkie will definately look forward too

Plot aside, KnJ was pretty low in terms of actual fanservice. Also wasn't that detailed or technical of a show. It's mostly just seems to rely on that risque factor. As I've been saying, Queen's Blade is a technically sound anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2